• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ascending batting average draft (tests)

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep, In.

Let's do debut 1893 onwards, as ataraxia suggested.

Minimum 4 tests imo (just to keep the two Saffers in).

And let's do the alphabet draft format as pothas and ankit suggested in the other thread?
That's the format, yes.

I know test averages shot up in the 1890s but guys like Trumper and Hill blur things a bit imo. It's more fun if somebody has to pick Kim Hughes (a fine player no doubt) to jump ahead of the queue.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I know test averages shot up in the 1890s but guys like Trumper and Hill blur things a bit imo.
I think WG and Lohmann blur things a bit, maybe Trumper and Hill too as you said (but they are middling choices in drafts anyways), but definitely not Hobbs, Barnes, Sutcliffe, etc. Don't see any reason to leave out the last of these 3 groups in this draft tbh. Shall we do it on consensus basis?

trundler

Sutcliffe debuted post War, Hobbs in 1908. Hobbs went on to play a decade after the war so there's that. I'm leaning towards played after the war.

trundler

Round 1 is latest join date first

Minimum 4 tests played after WW1

8 hours per pick. If you time out you become inactive

Lowest average makes next pick first

trundler

Round 1:

Line and Length

Ataraxia

Trundler

Teuton

Mr_mister

AndrewB

Coronis

StephenZA

Red Hill

Fuller Pilch

Ankitj

Marcuss

KingKallis

Weldone

Pothas

Honestbharani

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
In if space.

Can someone explain the 'alphabetical draft' rule everybody keeps going on about?
It means that after Round 1 there aren't any more rounds; whoever's most recent pick has the lowest average gets to pick next.