• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal Action Reported

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
why are some people worried when normal actions to be tested randomly?
Given some boards barely seem to be able to pay their players I don't know who you think is going to fork out to repeat this process for every single team for every single player who might possibly bowl at some point.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Normal actions (should) be tested by video analysis and used as controls in the testing of those deemed suspect by the exact same process.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Normal actions (should) be tested by video analysis and used as controls in the testing of those deemed suspect by the exact same process.
Yup, while testing everyone is impractical, the ICC can test a few random "normal action" players to establish a baseline and comparison against actions found to be illegal. Just how far off is Ajmal as compared to those with clean actions using the new testing methodology? I think that would be great information to know.

Athlai

Not Terrible
For the testing process any video analysis that isn't 360 degrees is fairly pointless. They need to physically test their control group, they can't just pull archival footage.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought he'd gotten his stock ball under 15 and it was only the doosra that was above the threshold?

cnerd123

likes this
It would be quite strange if Ajmal never makes it back to below 15 degrees. Does that mean something was wrong with the first test that cleared him back in 2009, or that he is just incapable of bowling how he used to back then?

Or maybe the current methods are flawed?

Athlai

Not Terrible
It would be quite strange if Ajmal never makes it back to below 15 degrees. Does that mean something was wrong with the first test that cleared him back in 2009, or that he is just incapable of bowling how he used to back then?

Probably a mix of all 3.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Probably a mix of all 3.
His action has changed a lot since 2009. Visually at least, it got a lot worse by 2012-13 than 4 years before... his elbow kink got much,much more pronounced.

TNT

Banned
It would be quite strange if Ajmal never makes it back to below 15 degrees. Does that mean something was wrong with the first test that cleared him back in 2009, or that he is just incapable of bowling how he used to back then?Or maybe the current methods are flawed?
There is no doubt that the previous testing procedure was flawed, that's why they changed.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
My understanding was that they didn't 'change', rather the UWA pulled their services after a patent dispute and the ICC simply turned to other facilities

TNT

Banned
UWA did not ensure that the bowlers were replicating how they bowled in matches and took a sympathetic approach instead of a scientific approach.UWA did pull their services but that was because they didn't want to follow the protocols regarding those two issues.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
UWA did not ensure that the bowlers were replicating how they bowled in matches and took a sympathetic approach instead of a scientific approach.UWA did pull their services but that was because they didn't want to follow the protocols regarding those two issues.
Source?

TNT

Banned
Just a bit of information to soothe the sour grapes here, the ICC tested dozens of bowlers using their new protocols. People that want all players or random players to be tested need to know that dozens were tested to develop the protocols. Bio mechanics around the world have reviewed the ICC's protocols. People complaining about the ICC's protocols and methods are just uninformed.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Bio mechanics around the world have reviewed the ICC's protocols. People complaining about the ICC's protocols and methods are just uninformed.
Namely? And where are the review reports?

none of them available to public and we have massive doubts over credentials of so called un named biomechanical experts. ICC is just away from a single law suit which challenges there method and UWA experts I am sure will rip them open. Hafeez is the sort of guy who could do it as well.

cnerd123

likes this
His action has changed a lot since 2009. Visually at least, it got a lot worse by 2012-13 than 4 years before... his elbow kink got much,much more pronounced.
Not disagreeing with that; my point is that at one point in his career he was cleared to be below 15 degrees, surely it should be possible for him to be cleared once again?

If he fails to pass the test this time around, with all the rehab he is doing, does that mean he went from bowling cleanly to suddenly being unable to bowl cleanly? Or that the two testing methods are different?

Me, I wrote that.
Just a bit of information to soothe the sour grapes here, the ICC tested dozens of bowlers using their new protocols. People that want all players or random players to be tested need to know that dozens were tested to develop the protocols. Bio mechanics around the world have reviewed the ICC's protocols. People complaining about the ICC's protocols and methods are just uninformed.
Just because you say something doesn't make it true. Find a source please.