• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Milne

Flem274*

123/5
I think he's slowed down a tad from a couple of years ago but if you can swing it both ways at 140kph+ you're definitely worth a look for international cricket.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
And lol at how Finn > Southee turned out in the end, though Southee at the time was doing his very best Sami impression.
I don't think that argument is over yet. Southee had a season in the wilderness, England should possibly look to do the same with Finn. I think he'll be **** and get worse, but still, his average isn't bad.

Oi ****, how the **** did you reply so fast?
i am fast like lightning

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
And lol at how Finn > Southee turned out in the end, though Southee at the time was doing his very best Sami impression.
Erm they're both only early 20's. I think things are still very much inward turned at this stage.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
1) Brilliant highlights/great bowling
2) Needs to bone up on the lbw laws
3) Ronchi's technique looking outstanding

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
3) Ronchi's technique looking outstanding
yeah his footwork looks so slick.

Still Watling has been very good especially on some difficult tracks in England. The slip cordon has also been very good since he came in so Ronchi will really have a lot to do to push him out IMO - especially given that he's much younger.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
How many players would've had a thread with 10 pages about them before even making their test debut? We all try to be cool and poo-poo the importance of fast bowlers compared to control and swing, but deep down we're all pathetic, speedball-following, pace sluts.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
How many players would've had a thread with 10 pages about them before even making their test debut? We all try to be cool and poo-poo the importance of fast bowlers compared to control and swing, but deep down we're all pathetic, speedball-following, pace sluts.
Atul sharma thread certainly proves your point. Did kane have a thread?

edit - we got to 7 pages before his odi debut and roughly 11 or so before tests. It is a good read to see who said what

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/41999-kane-williamson-7.html

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah he did, and he had 14 pages before he made his debut, though at least he had an early test squad selection v Australia and an ODI hundred v the Bangerz to help stir the pot.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Don't quite understand the logic of promoting him as a replacement to Wagner when he suffers from the exact same weaknesses

Flem274*

123/5
Keep trying Howitzer.

Milne bowls for a team where if he bowls crap he won't have a chance to pick up jammy tail wickets because we're so damn good. If he played for ND he would only have to compete with average bowlers like Aldo, Baker and Kuggs. Would take 7fer every game even if he sent down filth. If he played for ND or Otago he would be playing test cricket on Thursday. Easily the most talented bowler in the country with his inswing at serious pace.

Last edited:

jonbrooks

International Debutant
I see Milne has had some good games over the last 6 months. He toured SL with the NZA team and got a bunch of wickets there. He's also bowling consistently at FC level.

It's always exciting to see a quick bowler in action. Reckon he'll get a call up for international duties?