• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Milne

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Phew. Hopefully that little experiment will be shelved for a couple of years. Great prospect - he's probably just about the fastest 18 year old in the world - but just not ready.
20/20 = hit and miss. Still had better stats than Southee. Although weirdly enough franklin bowled well

Days of Grace

International Captain
Phew. Hopefully that little experiment will be shelved for a couple of years. Great prospect - he's probably just about the fastest 18 year old in the world - but just not ready.

You make it sound as if he bowled a lot of rubbish, which he didn't.

I'd give him a couple of ODIs against Pakistan.

thierry henry

International Coach
You make it sound as if he bowled a lot of rubbish, which he didn't.
Yes he did.

He was dreadful. If picking dreadful players is the new selection policy, can I have a run? Milne is the fastest young bowler around, I'll be the fattest- both world leaders in irrelevant fields.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Yes he did.

He was dreadful. If picking dreadful players is the new selection policy, can I have a run? Milne is the fastest young bowler around, I'll be the fattest- both world leaders in irrelevant fields.
Nah. His first 7-8 deliveries were very good. It's after that he lost the plot and bowled a lot of short pitched stuff. He did bowl a good slower ball as well to Akmal.

Last edited:

Days of Grace

International Captain
No, he did not.

But a couple of posters are making it sound like he bowled 125km/h pies. But we have an 18 year-old that can bowl 150km/h, with more to add to his armor, FFS. Show some excitement, people!

Perhaps I will take back that he should play some ODIs against Pakistan, because we are building towards the World Cup and should play our best XI as often as possible. However, next season he should play a couple of home ODIs at least.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
No, he did not.

But a couple of posters are making it sound like he bowled 125km/h pies. But we have an 18 year-old that can bowl 150km/h, with more to add to his armor, FFS. Show some excitement, people!

Perhaps I will take back that he should play some ODIs against Pakistan, because we are building towards the World Cup and should play our best XI as often as possible. However, next season he should play a couple of home ODIs at least.
Yeah fully AWTA. Would still like to see him in the ODIs though tbh. :ph34r:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
He shouldn't get too down on himself - it was just a glorified slog-a-thon.
That said - if it were up to me I would give him a break now. He looked a bit down after that 20 20.

I think his bowling speed is a big deal and it is not an irrelevant factor to success. The NZ batsman constantly talk about the extra gas of the Aussies and say that you just don't get to face that in NZ domestic cricket. Johnson wouldn't get half of his wickets if he was a 125Kms bowler.

But there are plenty of 145kms bowlers in world cricket and Milne will now appreciate that line and length and skill is pretty important if he didn't already. Someone posted before the 20 20 that he is gun barrel straight - and I think that is his major issue to work on next.

The Pakistanis had Akram and Waqar to help Amir -Bond needs to do just as good a job in teaching him how to swing and seam the ball. I really think Bond will be the making or breaking of him as a potential world class performer. Hope he can mould him well.

Exciting times ahead with him

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
People were pumped in the game day thread especially when he cracked 151kms (with the exception of TH he was not excited)

Then afterwards there were a few posts like "NZ fans get overly excited about speed" and people toned it down. I reckon it is ok to get excited about speed since we are used to having Tuffey etc bowling for us.