• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Milne

Flem274*

123/5
He had a pretty disappointing national under 19 tournament it must be said, he got absolutely pumped in a couple of games.
I didn't know CD were interested in Dean Robinson, and I don't think he's young young either. I'd need to check his age though.

Funny the way things go though. If Small's back hadn't been sore that day then maybe he would be the CD incumbent and we wouldn't have heard the name Adam Milne yet.

Flem274*

123/5
Will be interesting to see if he can develop any as a bowler, the pace is already excellent.
I liked the jag back into the right hander he got in his first over when he wasn't bowling far too short. Read/heard that is his natural delivery.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Funny the way things go though. If Small's back hadn't been sore that day then maybe he would be the CD incumbent and we wouldn't have heard the name Adam Milne yet.
An 18 year-old that can bowl at 150 clicks wouldn't be a secret for too long, tbh.

Xuhaib

International Coach
interesting nobody is questioning his age when people were jumping up and down at Aamer's age when he was clocking 140 clicks at 17.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Not really considering how in the past there have been age questions over Pakistani players and never any over New Zealand ones. The Aamer calls were obviously stupid and misguided but you could see why they were being made.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
interesting nobody is questioning his age when people were jumping up and down at Aamer's age when he was clocking 140 clicks at 17.
Different countries. Pakistan have a history of people being older than they say, whereas NZ don't.

EDIT: Damn Althai.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Different countries. Pakistan have a history of people being older than they say, whereas NZ don't.

EDIT: Damn Althai.
never been proven though its always been random comments like 'no way Afridi can be 21' or '**** Gul looks older then his age' Atleast Pakistan has a history of giving teenagers test cricket taste NZL on the other hand seldom give tests caps before 20.

Flem274*

123/5
We've debuted our fair share of teenagers tbh. I'd argue our guys reach test cricket a year or two early in many cases.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
never been proven though its always been random comments like 'no way Afridi can be 21' or '**** Gul looks older then his age' Atleast Pakistan has a history of giving teenagers test cricket taste NZL on the other hand seldom give tests caps before 20.
Didn't Afridi admit that he was older than his given age? Ditto Waqar?

Xuhaib

International Coach
Didn't Afridi admit that he was older than his given age? Ditto Waqar?
Not aware about Waqar but remember Afridi saying that since he was born in a tribal area where they did not keep official birth records so he could be 2-3 years younger or older.

Flem274*

123/5
Milne is ready. Will be making his test debut this summer barring injury or our third seamer sealing his spot with consistent performance (which seems unlikely).

Couldn't find the most recent video from India so Kippax do your thang pls.

Flem274*

123/5
And lol at how Finn > Southee turned out in the end, though Southee at the time was doing his very best Sami impression.