• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

BoyBrumby

Englishman
#35 lost a bit of gas after the #12 for the oppo chinned him. Always good to see blokes who're obviously massive hard ons decked by littler chaps. :cool:

Good spot of pagga, anyway.

pasag

RTDAS
The draw is ridiculous. Byes? GTFO. Just kick one side out of the comp to make it even again.

Collingwood, IMHO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mark Thompson what a ****ing disgrace. Never seen such blatant hypocrisy.

**** I hate Essendon even more now.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Seriously who gives a ****?

We all knew it was happenning anyways

Dons bringing back that fear, loving it!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mike your coaching panel is filled with lying scum.

I look forward to calls for Thompson to coach full time when Essendon are 2-8 after 10 weeks.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Seems like you blokes pick up the slider every year. From what I've seen of Atley he'll do very well at your mob.

I'd have thought you'd be just as happy that Harper lasted to the compo pick? Do you know if they had mail he was a chance to still be there (and were targeting him) or just wanted to use the pick?

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
What's the good oil on our man, Conca?
I think he was a big reach at number six.

Looks like a decent player and I was really hoping he would last into the second round (which looked likely a couple of months ago), but I'm just not sure he was a standout in this crop. Richmond fell in love with him though so they obviously see something special.

Has awesome attack on the ball though - he may not turn out to be a star but you'll love his work I think.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Seems like you blokes pick up the slider every year. From what I've seen of Atley he'll do very well at your mob.

I'd have thought you'd be just as happy that Harper lasted to the compo pick? Do you know if they had mail he was a chance to still be there (and were targeting him) or just wanted to use the pick?
I think Harper is definitely a good get for us, could turn out to be anything, but I expected us to pick up someone like him, and I don't think he slid that far, would have been a bit of a reach at 17 but defintely a great get at 27. We thought the top 30 we're fairly even and knew we would pick up a decent player at 27, we probably rated Harper higher than some other teams because he's got the attributes we need.

We never thought we had a chance at Atley, so much so that we didn't even speak to him and when we were asking his manager the night before when we thought there was a little chance, he was still saying there's no way he will be available at your pick. Is a chance to play a few games next year ala Bastinac as well, I don't think we will see Harper till 2012

Last edited:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Harper is definitely a good get for us, could turn out to be anything, but I expected us to pick up someone like him, and I don't think he slid that far, would have been a bit of a reach at 17 but defintely a great get at 27. We thought the top 30 we're fairly even and knew we would pick up a decent player at 27, we probably rated Harper higher than some other teams because he's got the attributes we need.

We never thought we had a chance at Atley, so much so that we didn't even speak to him and when we were asking his manager the night before when we thought there was a little chance, he was still saying there's no way he will be available at your pick. Is a chance to play a few games next year ala Bastinac as well, I don't think we will see Harper till 2012
That definitely seems to be the perception of this year's group. After the top three, which were pretty obvious, most teams were picking mostly for need, so even if the draft order was vastly different after the GC I think most teams would have ended up with more or less the same players.

Re: Atley, I heard him after he got drafted, as you said, saying that North Melbourne didn't even speak to him. It's funny that that is some sort of measure of just how highly they rated him - but still somewhat curious, as usually they'll at least say hello and something to the effect of 'you won't be there for our pick, but we'd love to have you'. They must have thought it inconceivable that he'd even get past the top ten.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Just seen the pictures. Heavens to Murgatroyd.

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out, Riewoldt.

(By 'the door' I meant 'Zac Dawson's ****', obviously.)

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyway might not get a positive reception in here, but does anyone else think the way the media and AFL are handling this issue stinks to high heaven? Nothing but cover up, back unrepentant players, deny and shift the blame, all done with a compliant media backing them.

Stupid as this girl appears to be, the players are here being portrayed as the victims. The girl can't even legally drink alcohol and she's being portrayed as a villan for embarrasing a few idiots who should definitely know better? What a joke. They sleep with a 16/17 y/o girl, knock her up, shut her up, then get all antsy when she publishes photos of them playing with themselves? I mean the club is suing her ffs. Imagine the response from the media and public if Matty Johns or Cronulla sued the girl who slept with the team.

FTR like with alot of these scandals I think they're blown out of proportion somewhat. I don't care that a few AFL players like to be photographed playing with themselves. The players having *** with a girl they were teaching is far worse imo.