• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

howardj

International Coach
Anyway might not get a positive reception in here, but does anyone else think the way the media and AFL are handling this issue stinks to high heaven? Nothing but cover up, back unrepentant players, deny and shift the blame, all done with a compliant media backing them.

Stupid as this girl appears to be, the players are here being portrayed as the victims. The girl can't even legally drink alcohol and she's being portrayed as a villan for embarrasing a few idiots who should definitely know better? What a joke. They sleep with a 16/17 y/o girl, knock her up, shut her up, then get all antsy when she publishes photos of them playing with themselves? I mean the club is suing her ffs. Imagine the response from the media and public if Matty Johns or Cronulla sued the girl who slept with the team.

FTR like with alot of these scandals I think they're blown out of proportion somewhat. I don't care that a few AFL players like to be photographed playing with themselves. The players having *** with a girl they were teaching is far worse imo.
AFL -
Probably have emerged with some credit out of this. They've offered her and her folks counselling on over 20 occassions, and AD has been very conciliatory and understanding in all his public comments

St Kilda
Would have been nice to hear NR or his manager, or someone at the club acknowledge how bizarre and stupid it is to take naked pictures of each other in your hotel room. No naked pics, no controversy.

I think St Kilda's reaction has been fuelled by some of the viciousness and outright nastiness of the girl's rants. But no, they have not exactly covered themselves in glory.

Girl
Nasty/confused/ill/rejected/angry etc. But she is a human being and it's hoped that someone is looking out for her.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I just find it incredible that this girl is being trashed. Sure she's acting like an idiot but she's 17 ffs. Her brain is not fully developed and she's being judged like she's in full control of her actions. There's a reason we don't let children vote/drink/smoke etc.

As far as I'm concerned not a single character comes out with any credit here. The AFL tossed her aside when she made a claim about being impregnated by players who were supposed to be teaching her (ffs). St Kilda are indescribably stupid for taking the nuclear option with the girl in court. As for the players no matter what the context the photos were taken, there's no excuse for a 17 y/o girl coming in to possesion of them. Particularly if you believe the club/AFL that the girl has "been known to the club for some time". The girl comes across as being unstable and unwell, but being a 17 y/o is a pretty understandable reason for being strange imo. And yet she's the villan here.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
NDS's picture is the hardest to explain so it's no surprise that we've heard next to nothing from him. Gives those old rumours a bit of weight, though.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who cares if they stopped a car while overseas on an end of season trip? I've done far worse things whilst blind, like hook up with Craig's mum.