• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

9th Match - New Zealand v England

Who will win this match?

• New Zealand

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • England

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hotsizzle

Cricket Spectator
On the Cricket World Cup App if you select statistics you can see the leaders in various categories. Under the Highest Individual Score stat there are a few players with asterisks ( * ), next to their scores, including the leader, David Miller. Does anyone know why for the love of god?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thoughts on the toss fellas?

Feeling the skipper winning the toss will bowl first, although I won't be massively disappointed if we get sent in. Just need to get through the new-all early doors.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Fully expecting New Zealand to win this, but don't think England have the same inferiority complex against the Kiwis as they do against Australia at the moment as a result of 2 wins from their last 21 games v the Aussies on their home soil. Slightly more optimistic.

Which means we'll probably lose by 200.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

Feeling the skipper winning the toss will bowl first, although I won't be massively disappointed if we get sent in. Just need to get through the new-all early doors.
I'm just amazed we have a team now that is not hopeless at batting first and setting a total. Wasn't so long ago batting first against a quality side was almost an auto-loss for us (while we pulled off some amazing wins chasing).

morgieb

On the Cricket World Cup App if you select statistics you can see the leaders in various categories. Under the Highest Individual Score stat there are a few players with asterisks ( * ), next to their scores, including the leader, David Miller. Does anyone know why for the love of god?
Not outs.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

Really depends on the pitch, but I'd prefer to bat first and put up a big score than chase.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Really depends on the pitch, but I'd prefer to bat first and put up a big score than chase.
Anything over 300 would be enough, Boult and Southee are always economical and England always choke when the going gets tough in the middle overs.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah and with Vettori getting better and better it's going to be pretty difficult to keep up with a run rate.

Burgey

When I first saw the schedule for the WC group games, I really thought it will drag on too long with a lot of fairly uninteresting games, but now it's here I genuinely look forward to every game. This one shapes as a beauty, but I've really enjoyed seeing a lot of players I normally don't get the time to watch.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
The tall English bowlers bother me. You guys saw how we struggled against the 7ft Pakistan quick .Broad and Finn will be a handful.

Zinzan

The tall English bowlers bother me. You guys saw how we struggled against the 7ft Pakistan quick .Broad and Finn will be a handful.
We didn't struggle against Irfan that much at all really, it just seemed that way relative to their other bowlers (Irfan & Afridi aside), who we smashed.

In actual fact those two ODI's against us Irfan went for 2-52 & 1-60. I'd hardly call that a struggle.