• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

8th Match - South Africa v India

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Borges

International Regular
I fervently hope that South Africa win this game. For Steyn. And for SeamUp and all the other South African posters here.

Though it is unlikely that the pakpassion wish of the entire Indian team flopping and going down without a murmur is going to come true. It would actually be better for South Africa if they win a well fought, competitive game; nothing lifts the morale like a very tight win.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It’s probably in most teams interest that SA lose to India. It puts one of the better teams closer to losing out on the semis.

Bolo

State Captain
Pre tournament it would definitely make sense to support india. Idk know with rsa 0/2, injuries pilling up and looking horrible.

Depends how confident you are India will qualify. Strong as they are, I think their odds of missing out might actually be higher than rsas chance of qualifying.

smash84

The Tiger King
Pre tournament it would definitely make sense to support india. Idk know with rsa 0/2, injuries pilling up and looking horrible.

Depends how confident you are India will qualify. Strong as they are, I think their odds of missing out might actually be higher than rsas chance of qualifying.
Not sure where you're getting your odds from?

Bolo

State Captain
Not sure where you're getting your odds from?
Odds? Nothing that well tuned.

I just think rsa are extremely unlikely to qualify. Supporting them isn't a bad idea for maximizing the chance of your team making it through.

And nobody would be crying about facing them in the semis if they do make it through.

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I fervently hope that South Africa win this game. For Steyn. And for SeamUp and all the other South African posters here.

Though it is unlikely that the pakpassion wish of the entire Indian team flopping and going down without a murmur is going to come true. It would actually be better for South Africa if they win a well fought, competitive game; nothing lifts the morale like a very tight win.
I want India to win the whole damn thing just to spite you ;)

BSM

U19 Cricketer
SA definitely have a chance, but they are also far from favourites. Think people here are downplaying how decent this India team is. Would take a really bizarre spiral in form for them not to reach the semis

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Personally I'd just accept India were making the semis no matter what and would just want SA to keep losing if I was NZ/WI/PAK. You've already had an England hiccup at least

aussie tragic

International Captain
So good thing this game is only a fight for the bottom of the table as it clashes with State of Origin tonight...go Qld :)

Current table
8. India - 0pts (0.000)
9. SA - 0 pts (-1.250)
10. AFG - 0 pts (-1.264)

So if SA lose, they'd be last and would likely have to win all remaining 6 games to qualify. If India lose, they'll be 9th at best, possibly last ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And nobody would be crying about facing them in the semis if they do make it through.
Unlikely as it is, if they were to win 7 in a row now I’d definitely it fancy playing them in the semis with that form behind them.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There was no chance this awful Pakistan side would beat England a couple of nights ago either.