• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Test at Hobart - 14-19 Jan 2022

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well Merv Hughes apparently thinks they should. But he's shown this week already he isn't very bright.

Of course, he used to be a selector didn't he? FMD no wonder we went to the ****ter.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hobart (and Tasmania) is a cracking place. The big 'Ho FM' sign for the local FM radio station that is situated above the baggage carousel always gives me a laugh.

Spark

Global Moderator
Word is that sanity will prevail and Harris is gone. Boland is touch and go and Jhye will come straight in if he doesn't pull up tomorrow.

Flem274*

123/5
It entertains me no end how much the English media and some fans are fretting over their bowlers pace when they've been getting rekt by a 32 year old medium fast bowler staying in the corridor.

Not to mention Cummins and Haze are the premium version of the above, just operating a touch quicker.

TheJediBrah

Word is that sanity will prevail and Harris is gone. Boland is touch and go and Jhye will come straight in if he doesn't pull up tomorrow.
Langer would have been dragged there kicking and screaming every step of the way

Spikey

I kinda want England to use a wildcard opener but I suppose Burns coming back is fine

Gob

International Coach
Harris deserves an extended run imo. Everyone can see his potential. Usman is very old and won't make most of the counties let alone England if he played for England

ashley bach

International Captain
apart from the poor coach/player relationship, shouldn't BOLAND and KHAWAJA be just about the first names you'd select for this last test?
KHAWAJA could easily end up top series run scorer, even having played only 2 of the 5 tests.
likewise BOLAND could well be top wicket taker, playing only 3 of the 5.
anything other than INJURY stopping these guys playing would have to go down as COMICAL.

Burgey

As is Chennai tbf.
Also, I’d report you for this outrageous slur, but I don’t have tissue paper for dermis and fail to take it as a personal or nationalistic slight when someone has a crack at my home town like they do about everywhere else, because I’m a real person.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Langer would have been dragged there kicking and screaming every step of the way
Just a feeling but it does feel like Langer is losing a bit of control over the group. Coming on from Pats comments the other day, I don’t think he will last

ashley bach

International Captain
It’s not completely awful, but it thinks it’s Paris and is completely up its own arse because it has lane way cafes.
It’s really just Wagga Wagga with alleys.
as it happens, by chance, I have been to all 6 places in question.
MELBOURNE -lived there for 6 years, magical city to live in.
SYDNEY -lived there for 8 years, also a wonderful city to live in.
HOBART -very pleasant place to visit, couldn't live there though.
CHENNAI -played the world bridge champs for 2 weeks, never left the hotel, but what a palace, the best I've seen, google GRAND CHIOLA, Chennai.
PARIS -nice enough for a 2-3 day trip.
WAGGA WAGGA - no comment.