• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Test at Hobart - 14-19 Jan 2022

ImpatientLime

International Regular
if they recall woakes we riot. would rather they pick the vile overton.

fun fact, chris woakes has the worst away average for an english seamer who has played 15 or more matches abroad. 28 @ 54

the next in the list is devon malcolm with 60 @ 39. a whopping 15 runs fewer per wicket for big dev.

Last edited:

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Woakes will only play if they really want to fit in 5 bowlers with Stokes not fit to bowl.

Nobody seems sure though other than Billings expected to keep and Burns back in, Hameed out.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I would rather them play Lawrence over Billings and let Pope keep tbh. But then again, a pink ball test at Hobart is still an unknown. If it is an English style pitch, maybe Billings makes more sense as a more regular keeper?

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
I was the first one here who wanted Billings in the playing XI.. Finally some sense is back in England management. If only they had brought back Vince as well instead of Burns & Hameed :cool:

ImpatientLime

International Regular
yeah man england could deffo do with james vince who has a vastly inferior test record to /checks notes/ rory burns.....

halba

International 12th Man
attack for fifth test(likely) - boland rib injury

cam green
p cummins (c)
mitchell starc
jhye richardson (gun)
nathan lyon

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
England's 'put your left hander in, you take your right hander out, you put your back up seamer in and shake it all about' selection policy really has been a throwback. To the 90s. When they were utterly ****.

Next time they come out, please play your best XI until the state of the series or injury suggests so. This tour has been an absolute sham.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So are we going to play a bowler who's known to get cooked through a series just because 'pink ball man' and ignore the guy who just took a five-for with the pink ball? Starc's bowling in the last test had a very 'late last summer' feel about it.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hobart greentops actually do play like greentops though, so I think this will remain juicy for much of the Test. Add the D/N factor and….
Oh for sure, the bowlers are going to be having all sorts of fun. I just can't remember the last time I saw an Australian test wicket look like a Day 1 NZ wicket.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We've picked the best batting line up of the series for this match but looking at that deck I can still see them getting shot out for 100 or less.

Which would probably be a winning total in any event.