• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

34th Match - West Indies v India

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Gah, India look a bruiser of a side. Reckon only a Starc-induced collapse stands between them and the World Cup.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
As good as India's bowling attack is, Australia still scored 300+ against them. Only because India had scored 350+ that they won. And that required services of Dhawan who is no longer available. So it's not hard to see a good batting side beating India

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Never thought I would ever see the day when people talk about the Indian bowling like this. It is such a well rounded attack. Those talking about Bhuvi replacing Kuldeep I think the only valid option is Jadeja replacing Kuldeep for his batting but Kuldeep turning it away from left handers makes that a hard decision.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Vijay Shankar really needs to step up if India has to win the WC. Right now there is a huge hole in the middle and we can only pray no one gets to it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Vijay Shankar really needs to step up if India has to win the WC. Right now there is a huge hole in the middle and we can only pray no one gets to it.
I'm starting wonder if he'll even hold his place. I'd definitely pick him over Pant but I'm much more anti-Pant in ODIs than most and the gap will surely be closing with each failure, particularly given he's not really bowling.

Member Berry

U19 Cricketer
As good as India's bowling attack is, Australia still scored 300+ against them. Only because India had scored 350+ that they won. And that required services of Dhawan who is no longer available. So it's not hard to see a good batting side beating India
Agreed. It's the flat batting pitches I'm most worried about coming across because that's where Rohit or Kohli absolutely HAVE to go big for us to have a chance. If your side is entirely reliant on two batsmen to carry an innings, you're eminently beatable. Take Warner out of Australia and suddenly they look significantly less threatening - that's essentially the situation we're in with the loss of Dhawan.

And yeah, as much as I love Bhuvi and think he always gets the **** end of the stick with selection and injuries, there's no place for him in the side now. Shami has made himself undroppable and Kuldeep has to play.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Bhuvi is a slightly better death bowler than Shami though. But still can't bring in Bhuvi now. May be if conditions are good for swing and seam, all 3 pacers can play.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought Vijay Shankar was done as an international player after the legendary Nidahas final tbh. Never thought he'd recover and from that nightmare performance and manage to get back in the side.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
I thought Vijay Shankar was done as an international player after the legendary Nidahas final tbh. Never thought he'd recover and from that nightmare performance and manage to get back in the side.
tbh with pandya fit i never understood why he was in and around the team. There are a few 'proper' batsmen i'd rather have in the team ahead of him in the middle and lower middle order if it came to it rather than the likes of Karthik, Jadhav and even Rayudu especially since Dhoni is a shadow of his former self. The likes of Shreyas Iyer, Ajinkya rahane or even the dropped Pandey not to mention Gill and Shaw might have been good options for that middle order.

Daemon

Pandya's injury created an opening for him and he played a few good knocks against NZ and Australia after that. There was a partnership with Kohli in particular where he outshone him.

Honestly Karthik and Pant aren't going to be much of an upgrade on him I feel. At least he's capable of sticking around while Kohli scores some runs.

The whole issue has been the lead up to the WC where they just endlessly faffed around with stupid combinations instead of trying out proper middle order batsmen.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a real conundrum, I desperately want the extra batting but all four bowlers are too good to drop for that.
But will Bhuvi really add much with his batting? I don't remember any good innings from him recently. If Shaw, Iyer or Gill were groomed well at international stage and played in this World Cup by now, it would have been awesome. Pant is still there though.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Why so many people are after Jadhav. He is good. It's just that he doesn't get to bat much. And is also getting clubbed with Shankar, Dhoni and Rayudu who have all bee poor.

trundler

He was going at at a strike rate of 55 for the longest time. Got lucky facing Thomas in the last over who could be slogged for a few. Redeemed himself in the end but the missed stumping by Hope was horrid.