• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final | Ind vs Eng | Adelaide, 10 Nov 2022

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I agree. Body language looks really poor and that fielding 'effort' at long leg exemplifies it. A relay fielding effort that was completely unnecessary and almost comical

They're also just not that good itbt. SA in the group stages exposed them
honestly England could have run five on that if they'd pushed harder
Is that the first all run 4 in a T20i? Honestly can't think of too many previously.

& when I say "too many" I mean "any".

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
Hales & Buttler smacked India's experienced bowlers all around the ground for about 2 hrs continuously.

Already shivering while thinking/knowing that our inexperienced bowlers don't have a chance against these cruel wolves.

Naseem & Wasim Jnr are inexperienced.

ICC should ban players in 30s playing in a final where other team mostly consist of kids.

Socerer 01

International Vice-Captain
Hales & Buttler smacked India's experienced bowlers all around the ground for about 2 hrs continuously.

Already shivering while thinking/knowing that our inexperienced bowlers don't have a chance against these cruel wolves.

Naseem & Wasim Jnr are inexperienced.

ICC should ban players in 30s playing in a final where other team mostly consist of kids.
India's experienced bowlers also have the disadvantage of being ****.. something that Pakistani bowlers don't have

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do you have the source?

Seems a weird change, because now you can score 6 runs in backyard cricket without being out.
1980 law specifies it must clear the boundary fence or rope. 2000 law redefined the boundary as being the innermost edge of whatever is marking the boundary.

White Ball

State 12th Man
Congrats to England! Outplayed us today.

Dissapointing performance today but there is a pattern here for India in knockout games. There is no point changing the way you play throughout the year if you keep going back to playing defensive in knockouts, time to bring in young talent for T20 who play fearless with no baggage or fear of losing.

If we are going to play Pant then he should be used as a versatile player when we lost an early wicket we could have brought him in the power play to counter the spinners. But instead we weren’t prepared to be flexible or think outside the box.

As a Rahul Dravid fan it pains me to say this but I am not convinced he’s the right man to coach us in T20, his approach was always to put a price on his wicket and it’s why he’s such a legendary Test player but in a world T20 semi final we needed to attack instead we were too passive and paid the price.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I think in games like this everyone tends to lay into the losers.

Obv getting thrashed is embarrasing but it can happen in t20 cricket even between evenly matched teams (ENg v Aus in last t20 wc for instance. Australia thrashed and yet won the tournament albeit with help from winning every other toss in the tournament https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...26th-match-group-1-1273737/live-cricket-score).

Hales and Buttler out early and England probably lose by 30.

You gotta credit Buttler and Hales, rather than being too critical of India imo. Semifinals you get a decent score on the board (as India did) and it wins more times than not. Really good by Hales today - didn't think he had that quality left in the reserves having been out of international cricket for a while and not playing much in high level domestic t20 competitions.