• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v India (26th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

viriya

International Captain
God I hate the attitude cricket fans have that leads to thinking India losing this game (assuming they do) is somehow Dhawan's fault because he was "set" and "threw it away" or whatever and should have made a hundred. He made more runs than anyone else ffs, and at a good pace, and set a platform for the chase. Every other player is to blame more than him.
The problem is Dhawan is not supposed to play a Warner role and get a quick 50. Especially since he is the form player for India in the tournament. He was supposed to play a Sanga type role and just pick on the 5th bowler which he was doing well til then. He's not the reason why India lost a bunch after that, but he got out at a time when India just needed to go at 4-5/over for 15 overs.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
God I hate the attitude cricket fans have that leads to thinking India losing this game (assuming they do) is somehow Dhawan's fault because he was "set" and "threw it away" or whatever and should have made a hundred. He made more runs than anyone else ffs, and at a good pace, and set a platform for the chase. Every other player is to blame more than him.
Haha yeah it was those 3 wickets in quick succession that destroyed the chase.

Don't blame Rahane for his apparently "terrible" innings either. I'm sure Dhoni told him to just stay at the crease no matter what until the powerplay.

TheJediBrah

lol did anyone actually even say that?

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Its not about laying all the blame on him, its not his fault we lost this game, but it doesn't mean he can't be criticized for getting out, of all the batsmen he was probably the one who got himself out. He had actually done all the hard work and got himself set at the time at which he got out, I just think in a run chase its critical that you keep going, especially on a pitch like this which isn't the easiest to get in on.
Dhawan always takes risks and plays that way you can't blame him when he gets out playing his natural game. If that had gone for a 6 we would be praising him.

OverratedSanity

Dhawan always takes risks and plays that way you can't blame him when he gets out playing his natural game. If that had gone for a 6 we would be praising him.
Yeah, but it didn't go for 6.

Not gonna blame him like the rest though... Rohit and Kohli played the truly ****house shots.

Burgey

Terrific post

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhawan has several gears though, he's different from Sehwag and he's shown that. Dhawan didn't just randomly decide to go for his shots, he targeted a particular bowler who was easier to hit.

OverratedSanity

Well this is meandering along quite nicely. hopefully Jadeja and Dhoni get to tea. Might have a chacne to draw this in the final session with Ashwin still to come.