• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v India (26th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Its not about laying all the blame on him, its not his fault we lost this game, but it doesn't mean he can't be criticized for getting out, of all the batsmen he was probably the one who got himself out. He had actually done all the hard work and got himself set at the time at which he got out, I just think in a run chase its critical that you keep going, especially on a pitch like this which isn't the easiest to get in on.
Basically that's just saying he could have done more, which is fine, he could have. That would be a good counter to someone saying his innings was a masterpiece and put India in a dominant position or whatever, but it's not really a criticism relative to everyone else in the Indian batting order today. He batted well and had India in a good position when he got out, everyone else in the top order batted worse than him.

Anyway it's something I see a lot with various players and various games honestly, the idea that an innings that doesn't meet X arbitrary criteria (tonning up, lasting to whatever over number etc) but still makes a significant contribution is somehow more worthy of criticism than just getting out cheaply. Just bugs me.

Valer

First Class Debutant
The idea is E(additional runs| 40*) > E(total runs), so in some sense he's underperformed more.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Smitteh called for it. Haddin didn't appeal.

TPCCCCCCCCCCCC
Am done with this now. At first you know I was kind ok him being pretty good but now...not only is he sickeningly good at batting but he has some kind of superhuman hearing, it's gone way too far.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhawan has several gears though, he's different from Sehwag and he's shown that. Dhawan didn't just randomly decide to go for his shots, he targeted a particular bowler who was easier to hit.
Dude, Hazelwood is literally the worst bowler to target if that's the logic. He's been as miserly as Curtly.

viriya

International Captain
Dude, Hazelwood is literally the worst bowler to target if that's the logic. He's been as miserly as Curtly.
Yea Dhawan did a great job targeting Faulkner, the RRR was stable, the PP was over, perfect time to play no risk cricket and he goes after Hazlewood. It was just not on.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been a very weird passage of play this powerplay. India need to go for it and are meandering along and that run rate is now far too big.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
anyway its not a biggie, I've kinda accepted a loss even before the game began so its not hurting as much. Disappointing but ah well, India did a lot better than I thought they would, they can be proud of themselves.

viriya

International Captain
Dhoni is actually playing this right I feel.. India's only chance is not losing any more wickets till the 40th. Now Jadeja will go for it.