• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2021/22 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Might as well be reactive and pick up Wiggins as my 10th.

Going to take a punt on D Phillips replacing McConchie in the six.

Williamson
Nicholls
D Phillips
Jamie Gibson (Wellington)
Rae
Rance

Guptill
McConchie
Ferns
Wiggins (R2 onwards)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Canterbury (in place of ND) are now going to play Wellington at the Basin in R2.

Sears either advancing his career a lot by intimidating Latham and Nicholls, or getting a reminder he's still far too ectomorphic and won't be in KW's plans until less scrawny, will be on the cards.

I'll release Ben Horne and replace him with Sean Davey btw. Horne not in my core six or top two reserves. If you've got an Auckland/ND player who's third or fourth reserve, you can do the same.

vandem

International 12th Man
Wheeler for Hampton (reserve 3) please. Feels wrong to only have one ND player but I don't think they will get 8 FC games this summer. And with Field + Wheeler + Clarkson in my reserves at least one of them will play each week.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Do I get a sub for Taylor? If so is it Neesham cos he's like for like? Or Newton that actually played.

I've also cursed Bhula and Santa IIRC.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
It's just the highest bench player active in first-class play who becomes the sub. Newton did sub in for Taylor and collected 85 points.

vandem

International 12th Man
Athlai and I went very low on the bidding. Means that I have a team of domestic players, so my early points will look good, but I won't be getting any (many) points from tests.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Athlai and I went very low on the bidding. Means that I have a team of domestic players, so my early points will look good, but I won't be getting any (many) points from tests.
Hoping the Boss has a huge summer personally.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Just as well NZT's strength is predominantly in his openers, Latham and Kelly!

If he'd just forgiven Nathan Smith for moving to Wellington and grabbed him really early (instead of Doug Bracewell) he'd be in with a great shout this season.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Williamson
Nicholls - 97 & DNB
D Phillips - 14 out of 642 8-)
J Gibson - 18

McConchie - 4 out of 379 and DNB 8-)
Wiggins - 0 and 15

That's some hot garbage batting except for Nicholls.