• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2021/22 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Look for this to be chiefly Vandem's baby with all its spreadsheet work this season (if he wants it) but I'll also help out a bit with updates. Possibly making a jokey entry as Braai Guys rather than myself.

First in, first served. More than nine entrants will split it into two divisions.

Wary of Kyle Jamieson's record haul of 1742 points last time (600 clear of the next best players), the first pick may not be left to the luck of the randomiser. I'll try to devise a sealed-bid auction type of method, where the drafter is buying his right to a prime early pick.

Tests: India (2 away, unconfirmed), Bangladesh (2 at home), South Africa (2 at home).
Plunket Shield: Oct-Nov (4), Feb-Mar (4). Unconfirmed.
NZ A: Unconfirmed.
NZ XI: Unconfirmed.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Right, I've just sent my PM to @Prince EWS and now it's time for the auction, where you'll send me a PM stating how many draft points you're willing to pay for your position in R1 and R2 of drafting.

The higher you bid, the greater your chance of a prime early pick in those rounds. The drafting order for R3-R10 will be decided by the randomiser, as usual.

Your PM will be simple and look like this:

R1: ** pts
R2: ** pts

Any ties and I'll ask for one resubmitted bid from those deadlocked, then if still tied, it'll go to the randomiser.

Take note that any points hauls in the two Bangladesh Tests will be at 1x (no better than Plunket Shield and NZ A). India and South Africa will have the 1.5x multiplier.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Your PM will be simple and look like this:

R1: ** pts
R2: ** pts
To spell it out here, you'll put a hefty bid on R1 if you really value your chance to pick a KW, KJ, Southee, Wagner or Conway.

A bigger bid on R2 gets you access to a Ravindra type (i.e. someone who could be about tenth to be picked up overall) rather than a M Bracewell (solid performer, but likely more of a 20th-30th man to be taken).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I pmed cribb.
Yeah ftr I'm happy to help you guys with this when you need neutral people to receive PMs. Just tag me in here if you want them confirmed at any point.

I had actually planned on joining myself this season but I'm doing a 50 hour per week job for free at the moment.