• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2021/22 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Final lock will be 10.30am on the 23rd.
A day and a half left for all drafters (except NZT) to post their core six and top two reserves.

If you're patient, more team info could be seen tomorrow. Otago's squad:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Going to take a punt on D Phillips replacing McConchie in the six.

Williamson
Nicholls
D Phillips
J Gibson
Rae
Rance

Guptill
McConchie
Ferns
_

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

The Stags will head into action without the services of both Patel and fellow BLACKCAP Ross Taylor due to Alert Level restrictions in Auckland and Hamilton where the pair are respectively based with their families.

The squad is also without Test batsman Will Young (injured wrist) and senior opening paceman Seth Rance (ankle), but Walter is confident in the depth in the squad to do the job in Canterbury.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Getting two proper top-order bats racking up plenty of blunter's bonus points looked a smart tactic during the English first-class draft. I'll use my R10 pick on Ben Smith.

B. Smith +
W. O'Donnell
CdG
Jamieson
Ajaz
Duffy

Sears
Solia
McKay
Horne

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

The Stags will head into action without the services of both Patel and fellow BLACKCAP Ross Taylor due to Alert Level restrictions in Auckland and Hamilton where the pair are respectively based with their families.

The squad is also without Test batsman Will Young (injured wrist) and senior opening paceman Seth Rance (ankle), but Walter is confident in the depth in the squad to do the job in Canterbury.
Thanks, was wondering where Rance was.
Looks like I'll have the services of McConchie this round after all.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Trying to do @Athlai seeing he's on my Wellington team. It's tricky to piece together so he'll have to come in and confirm.

M Bracewell
Taylor
Allen +
Mitchell
Sodhi
Tickner

Neesham
Newton

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Bahnz to adjust or confirm this lineup.

Rutherford
R. O'Donnell
Cleaver +
Schmulian
Wagner
McPeake

J. Walker
Toole
Younghusband
_

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
I'll take Harry Chamberlain as my last pick.

1 Raval
2 Georgeson
3 McClure
4 Blundell +
5 Ferguson
6 Boult

Kitchen
Worker (blunter)
Ashok
Chamberlain

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
I will hopefully remember to give this some thought later today.

How are we treating the Auckland / ND players again?

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
basically just promoting Bruce and dropping Cooper :(

Devon Conway
Tom Bruce
Cam Fletcher +
Michael Rippon
Scott Kuggeleijn
Matt Henry

Henry Cooper
Louis Delport

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes unfortunate, but if Vandem were to activate the bench for (most likely cancelled) Auckland and ND games coming up, it will become double-dipping if those players collect a bunch of points in April.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If a player in my top six is left out does the list automatically bump down to the next reserve player, or do I just get zero points for that player for the round?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes Chewie's correct. It'll be in a future season that I'll probably write in an exception about this for spinners.