• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2019/20 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft (Division 1)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't mind doing some numbers.

Edit, have made some minor adjustments, but I am only looking at players who are in a div B team. No catching points for Renwick, as Fletcher is a non-test keeper, correct?
Well Renwick isn't the designated wicket-keeper for the goats so that rule doesn't come into it, but he's still getting no catching points in this case. Essentially only one guy on a drafted team has the ability to collect the points for † catches on a scorecard, and that's your designated gloveman.

Also note my rule for a nightwatchman, so I think Rance has to go back to 360 points:

Wicket of a 1-5 bat: 30 points (pinch hitters or nightwatchmen who typically bat at 8-11, though technically in at 1-5, will retain their 8-11 value. Points brackets shuffle down to make the No. 6 worth 30, etc.)

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
i like the the 3 most frequently strongly opinioned in athlai, howsie and myself are getting destroyed by kippax and chewie
My first round pick didn’t make his domestic sides playing XI in the first round, missed the next couple of PS rounds due to the 20/20 series and now is 12th man for New Zealand A here. Summing up my season I think.

That and Ed Nuttalll is killing me.

vandem

International 12th Man
I think it should count in full since it is a first class game but the two day game shouldn't count
Kuggs now bowling in NZ A vs Eng game, was 12th man, so perhaps game no longer first class?

Which would be a shame, Phillips deserves to have yesterday's ton on his FC record.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wait Rutherford, the supposed planned injury cover for Williamson was concussed by Archer? Talk about bad omens.

vandem

International 12th Man
Do I get points for Tickner for NZ A? Will Young not available through injury ... or is this a long straw ?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Do I get points for Tickner for NZ A? Will Young not available through injury ... or is this a long straw ?
Yes I'll give you Tickner's points.

Just as well Neesham didn't score 2nd innings runs, that could've been a trickier call for me to make with Straw Man demanding the concussion sub for Rutherford. As it is, he's probably happier to keep his PPG figure than take a patronising sprinkle of 9 points.

What do other drafters reckon, fair enough for 1st innings concussions to activate someone from the bench for the 2nd innings?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Just as well Neesham didn't score 2nd innings runs, that could've been a trickier call for me to make with Straw Man demanding the concussion sub for Rutherford. As it is, he's probably happier to keep his PPG figure than take a patronising sprinkle of 9 points.

What do other drafters reckon, fair enough for 1st innings concussions to activate someone from the bench for the 2nd innings?
Yes IMO.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

Which is the more coveted title - total points or points per game?

Asking for a friend.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Total points, but this season the PPG title provides a bit of a thrust up the final standings. 500 bonus points.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Congratulations to Wagner for being the first, more than likely last, player we've ever had to surpass 1000 draft points before New Year's.

A cheapskate 30 points for those Steve Smith wickets, too. Expect some kind of Red Baron Bonus (dismissing the season's No. 1 adversary) in future drafts.