• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2019/20 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft (Division 1)

Howsie

International Captain
Nah, Flynn’s time is definitely up. If you haven’t noticed Dean Brownlie has been pushed out too, doubt we’ll see Devcich back next season either.

We lost Nick Kelly this season when in reality he should’ve been given a bigger role earlier. A lot of young guys have already told ND they’re moving on, Swanson and Lellman to Wellington, Fisher to Otago. If these guys had seen a proper path to the ND XI they may have stuck around.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll try to post a proper leaderboard update tomorrow, but I'm seeing too much Chewie blue in the 500+ points performers, as I did last year. In Division 2, the season-ending ankle injury to Somerville and Astle's retirement (both Vandem players) may keep that quite a tight race.

First box is now in the player's Division 2 colour scheme.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Ludick :flex:

Still some potential for Foxcroft or N Smith to catch him though.
Yes Sears would be on about 222 points (111 ppg), if a fool had heard some pre-season whispers about an extra yard of pace building and rushed in, which I didn't.

I'm not sure whether that category is seen as fine as it is, or could do with a tweak for next time. I'd have had to roll it back to 1994 to bring all the Leo Carters, McClures and Jamiesons into play, but maybe that would make for an emerging player award that's slightly truer to its name.

vandem

International 12th Man
No not yet. Probably should build those in now, heading into the final month.
There may also be some penalties to come.

Sommerville (125 runs but only 3 wickets this season) fails on the "Anyone you bat at No. 9-11 scoring more batting points in the season than bowling points" rule, and won't be taking any more wickets this season.

If you have stacked your team with all-rounders, you might be in trouble with the "Only five of your first XI draftees ... can score more bowling points in the season than batting points" rule. Ludick or de Grandhomme or Solia or Foxcroft may need some more runs to make their points count.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yes Sears would be on about 222 points (111 ppg), if a fool had heard some pre-season whispers about an extra yard of pace building and rushed in, which I didn't.

I'm not sure whether that category is seen as fine as it is, or could do with a tweak for next time. I'd have had to roll it back to 1994 to bring all the Leo Carters, McClures and Jamiesons into play, but maybe that would make for an emerging player award that's slightly truer to its name.
I reckon it's fine - certainly don't think 25/26 yr olds should be marked as 'emerging' at FC level. At international level fair enough to apply that label, like Jamieson currently, but under 23 or so makes more sense in domestix.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not feeling too optimistic about my placing now that I no longer have Southee to prop up my team's numbers. And to think I only picked him up in the 4th round of the draft.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
@Kippax it seems you only had two injuries so only Rae and Shipley would be available for your team, not McClure?

vandem

International 12th Man
@Kippax it seems you only had two injuries so only Rae and Shipley would be available for your team, not McClure?
I think he is allowing any of 12-13-14 to sub for injuries / retirements. Means that in the B division I am getting points for Bracewell (14th) instead of Finn Allen (12th).

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
You'll be helping to select the playing talent for the Feral Goats next season, in a division two thread.

If you didn't max out to 14 players early on, I provide a list of some of those you can still slot in on your bench.

J. Carter, L. Carter, Delport, Williams, Sheat, van Woerkom, Boyle, Popli, K. Clarke, Bocock, Randell, Schmulian, Toole, B. Smith, Johns, Gibson, Johnson, Colson.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I thought after that round my points would've gone up a fair amount but no still a pile of ****.