• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2019/20 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft (Division 1)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Let me ruin the rest of the season for Joe Carter please.
Yes, that's done. Howsie, Bahnz and Phlegm are now the ones with empty space on their benches.

If I were Phlegm or Howsie I'd probably be quite easy either way. The food fights and the fun burgers and nuggets menu at the kids' table next season would potentially bring them more joy and interest, especially with serious white-collar professionals like Straw Man and Vandem looking likely to be taking a walk up to the other end of the room.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd put in a 14th at this point too, because Rutherford and Rance are still out for tomorrow, Leopard remains a CD A player.

L. Carter, Williams, Sheat, van Woerkom, Boyle, Popli, K. Clarke, Bocock, Randell, Toole, B. Smith, Johns, Gibson, Johnson, Colson.
Add in Wheeler as back for Rd. 6. Walker in for ND's international spinners. Hartshorn, Bhula and Snedden have come in for Wellington.
https://www.nzc.nz/news-items/plunket-shield-still-anybodys-game

Howsie could do with a 13th, due to Clarkson staying a CD A player.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Please stop taking wickets and start scoring big double hundreds, Foxcroft. Either you or Solia are going to be a juicy 600+ points forfeited by me, I can tell. The Gatekeepers are also in for a forfeit with one of these two.

vandem

International 12th Man
Maybe I can just forfeit Bennett's 93 points to make my team comply.
Yup. No reason your "infringing players" from the "bowling points > batting points" rule can't be the ones with the lowest total points.

The same logic might also apply to anybody who has picked Ludick and de Grandhomme as batting all-rounders (and Neesham as sub), they may want to keep their all-rounder's points and discard a bowler's points.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Was wondering how that worked too, having selected Ludick as allrounder who subsequently scored very few runs but was top of the wickets chart until the other day.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes I'm afraid Nuttall or Ferguson's points are looking like the forfeit for Straw Man. 300-345 points.

Holders of Sodhi are probably in for a forfeit if they batted him No. 9. His 137 points will count for Bahnz, but probably not for NZT

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Paying a high price for the old doubts about Chapman. Whether his conscientiousness could feasibly win out over Sears or someone delivering his red ball career the big KO many have predicted.

Straw Man picked him up 11th, but shunted him down to 14th at the final lock.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
:lol:

That's Kippax's roundabout way of saying that anyone that picks Will Williams for FC should be automatically disqualified. This includes Canterbury themselves tbh.
Get this into your overly fussy and discriminating heads, CricketWeb. Just as Henry Nicholls came in against your wishes and performed with some degree of distinction in internationals, Will Williams is not a meme of a NZ domestic cricketer. He's had a hat-trick this season against the city so many of you seem to post from, and now, your favourite wicket-keeper bat with eight Test tons has validated him actually belonging out there on the circuit.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm on the climb and should be too. My team was always more Plunket Shield dependent than Test stuff

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Get this into your overly fussy and discriminating heads, CricketWeb. Just as Henry Nicholls came in against your wishes and performed with some degree of distinction in internationals, Will Williams is not a meme of a NZ domestic cricketer. He's had a hat-trick this season against the city so many of you seem to post from, and now, your favourite wicket-keeper bat with eight Test tons has validated him actually belonging out there on the circuit.

[ ] Convinced
[x] Still fussy and discriminating

I will accept that he bowled some good yorkers at the death in the one-dayer the other week, but in first class yerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. I also blame Nuttall and Hazeldine for their appalling econ rates this season ftr, has to play a part in selecting another bowler who just wanders in to bowl 120km/h and goes at 2-2.5 per over.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
My lot are falling over horribly at the finish line - NZ ODI/T20 players not getting any more points* and my domestix guns are... mostly injured. Rutherford, McConchie, Rance and apparently even Chapman this week.

* or are they, now those series are cancelled.