• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2007 Super 14 thread

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No surprise from a former Brisbane Broncos junior. :p
I thought he must have played League at some stage. Wasn't completely sure though.

Whats the deal with all the yellow cards in the first week? Bloody ridiculous.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Damn you Bulls. I now have to run around one of the schools I coach at in front of the boys whilst being jeered due to that pitiful performance :(

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it's also worth noting the Queensland Bulls were trying to sign Barnes up a few years ago, he chose league at the time and hopefully he comes back to us within the next five years or so...

cometer

State Regular
That was fairly disappointing. Went to the game got drenched only for the Brumbies to go down in the last few seconds of the game. Just have to regroup and defeat the Reds next week.

Simon

That was fairly disappointing. Went to the game got drenched only for the Brumbies to go down in the last few seconds of the game. Just have to regroup and defeat the Reds next week.
haha you actually went, when that storm hit at about 6:30 i was going nowhere near the place...

cometer

State Regular
Considering I'm a member and had paid for it in advance, yeh I went. Felt a bit silly though considering I could have watched it from home on fox sports.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jesus. Just watching the Brumbies/Reds armwrestle (3-3 after 70 mins) & Lloyd Johansen just caught Mortlock with an absolute shocker of a clothes-line. Got yellow; shoulda been red. :-O

Huxley kicks resulting pen as I type; 6-3 Brumbies.

Perm

Good to see a bit of biffo in Rugby even though it was pretty soft, Johansen's hit on Mortlock was a shocker but it got what it deserved and it was definately a reactionary one.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Good to see a bit of biffo in Rugby even though it was pretty soft, Johansen's hit on Mortlock was a shocker but it got what it deserved and it was definately a reactionary one.
Looked awful in slow-mo; he seemed to jump at Mortlock with his arm raised.

Fairly ordinary game of Rugby, it must be said.

Perm

He was chasing Gene Fairbanks across the field and then when Mortlock cut with Fairbanks, it was a reaction on Johansen's half to outstretch his arm. It's a fairly typical sort of head-high tackle in Rugby thesedays, but it did look far worse than most of the others.

Simon

Jesus. Just watching the Brumbies/Reds armwrestle (3-3 after 70 mins) & Lloyd Johansen just caught Mortlock with an absolute shocker of a clothes-line. Got yellow; shoulda been red. :-O

Huxley kicks resulting pen as I type; 6-3 Brumbies.
Shocking game alround...

The last few minutes of the blues match was very ugly, things like that make me not want to watch Union too much...

cometer

State Regular
Can't really blame you when you see a few matches like the one last night. Was pretty horrible. Too many mistakes made by both sides.

Perm

Was gutted to see the Brumbies lose, 50/50 call with regards to the Jeremy Paul pass. How about Ma'a Nonu though, dirty thug isnt he? I've seen him target the head quite a few times in those sort of situations, definately a liability if he goes to the World Cup for the All Blacks. I was suprised how much the Highlanders won by, good to see a decent crowd and Jimmy Cowan having a good run of form.

Craig

World Traveller
Luke O'Donnell has been the target of a switch from league to union, I don't know, I think forwards would find it harder to adapt then back would, although Brad Thorn played for the All Blacks.

Still can't believe Eddie Jones is considering bringing back Andrew Walker. Will only go walk-about again.

Perm

Luke O'Donnell has been the target of a switch from league to union, I don't know, I think forwards would find it harder to adapt then back would, although Brad Thorn played for the All Blacks.

Still can't believe Eddie Jones is considering bringing back Andrew Walker. Will only go walk-about again.
Andrew Walker used to be one of my favourite players before he sort of disappeared off the scene, always looked like he would be getting his sprigs caught in his bottom lip though. Luke O'Donnell looks a pretty big sort of guy but I agree, he would more than likely be a loose forward and with the huge emphasis placed on the breakdown thesedays he would probably struggle. How tall is he Craig, do you have any idea?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Dammit! Was supposed to go to the Bulls game and couldnt at the last min.

Was a great finish. :)

Also VdvH's up and under and catch followed by a, body on the line, crunching tackle showed a great 5 mins for him.

Not every man can carry off a beard but he does beautifully :laugh:

Craig

World Traveller
Andrew Walker used to be one of my favourite players before he sort of disappeared off the scene, always looked like he would be getting his sprigs caught in his bottom lip though. Luke O'Donnell looks a pretty big sort of guy but I agree, he would more than likely be a loose forward and with the huge emphasis placed on the breakdown thesedays he would probably struggle. How tall is he Craig, do you have any idea?
1.86 m if wikipedia is to be believed.