• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2007 Super 14 thread

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
34-25 to the Crusaders now 55 min. Horrotahs putting up a good fight here though...and yes the Force have been impressive this year. Larkham is past it though, Giteau the future
True that, but Larkham is still our best Flyhalf by a margin imo.

:laugh: @ the Horrotahs

Perm

Did he get pushed further inside the backline by Toqiri?
Ewen McKenzie has made a few changes to his backline, swapped Beale and Norton-Knight. Put Turinui back in the midfield and chucked Tuqiri back out on the wing. Hewat and the halfback (his name eludes me) have been the only constants, position wise atleast. Boy these Waratahs are missing Phil Waugh though.

Perm

34-25 to the Crusaders now 55 min. Horrotahs putting up a good fight here though...and yes the Force have been impressive this year. Larkham is past it though, Giteau the future
Rubbish. Larkham is still a lot better than Matt Giteau. Giteau doesn't have enough space at flyhalf.

Tuqiri sets Aussie Stadium alight!!!

Johnners

given his latest performances Tuquiri possibly should've been chucked onto the bench, if for nothing else, to send him a wake-up call.

edit: haha, possibly the worst time to call that on tuqiri

Perm

Tuqiri has always been class, he hasn't had the best time of it recently but the Waratahs in general have been horrible. I can't beleive that Peter Hewat missed that kick, I could've made that and I play in the bloody front row.

Fiery

Banned
Did he get pushed further inside the backline by Toqiri?
Ewen McKenzie has made a few changes to his backline, swapped Beale and Norton-Knight. Put Turinui back in the midfield and chucked Tuqiri back out on the wing. Hewat and the halfback (his name eludes me) have been the only constants, position wise atleast. Boy these Waratahs are missing Phil Waugh though.
whoosh!

Perm

I admit I had no bloody idea what you were on about. I think I get it now though, quite witty there Fiery. That's oddly unlike you when talking about Australians.

Perm

Peter Hewat will be feeling like an idiot tonight, 34-33 to the Crusaders after he missed an easy penalty with 10 to go.

Fiery

Banned
Peter Hewat will be feeling like an idiot tonight, 34-33 to the Crusaders after he missed an easy penalty with 10 to go.
yep...conversion in front of the posts to beat the reigning champions...the team that gave them a 90 point thumping a few years ago. He must be feeling a bit......."****house" (to coin an Aussie phrase)

Perm

It was a good game to watch though, quite free flowing. Chris Jack's knee will obviously be a major concern for Henry and co, it looked quite painful. Rocky Elsom continues to impress for the Waratahs though, shows why he should be John Connelly's first choice Number 8.

Craig

World Traveller
I know he kicked it so it may seem I have little point to argue on, but have a penalty from 48m out and decide t kick a penalty goal instead of kicking it into touch and have a line-out.

Also how did Sam Norten-Knight get a try and IMO it was a farce that Rico Gear got penalised with his collision with Josh Valentine. FFS he was going for the ball and ended p the worse of the two.

Perm

I know he kicked it so it may seem I have little point to argue on, but have a penalty from 48m out and decide t kick a penalty goal instead of kicking it into touch and have a line-out.

Also how did Sam Norten-Knight get a try and IMO it was a farce that Rico Gear got penalised with his collision with Josh Valentine. FFS he was going for the ball and ended p the worse of the two.
Not just your opinion Craigos, I felt the same way. George Ayou has a habit of trying to get himself involved in the game, resulting in some shocking "foul play" calls when he is a touch judge.

Perm

Not sure, I had heard a rumour that two of the current referees involved in Super 14 were having their performance but no names were reported. I am thinking that Ayou is one of those under investigation though.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Ayoub is still involved in referee/TJ level because he's a big player in the NSW refs' association - no other reason.

FFS, Joubert said "was there any intent?" and Aboob replied with something like "Well, not really, no but he hit him in the air". Ridiculous.

Perm

Apologies, I don't know why but I always thought he was. He's a sub par referee anyway, not matter what country he's from.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Best game of the season so far IMO, the game 2 hours prior (Blues vs Chiefs) wasn't too bad either. Have to agree that the touchie decision on Gear was a joke though.