• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - New Zealand v South Africa (24th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Been looking at the NZherald batting graph with all the dots. Everyone goes on about Glen Maxwell but we have two batsman with almost the same strike rare and average as Maxwell. Cory Anderson and Luke Ronchi.
Yeah Maxwell got lauded for his batting against Sri Lanka but it was a popgun attack on a flat pitch to be honest. Cory Anderson and Luke Ronchi are our finishing weapons,. SA have Amla and AB but no one comes close to these two lower down the order.

SuperMurali

School Boy/Girl Captain
seen a few cricket shirts around uni so far today (i'm wearing a replica '92 one). Lots of coverage in the newspaper. Not as big as Rugby World Cup but people are taking serious interest in it

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Quietly jealous of that. Spend alot of time defending cricket from these European disbelievers With no one to Back me up

99*

International Debutant
Showers out West now. 15km away.

EDIT: Really coming down now.

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
I hope the match lasts close to 100 overs.. even if close I'd rather not see a 150 all out chase.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Well, would you look at that - suddenly have appointments all afternoon and my phone is just about to start malfunctioning... 8-)

99*

International Debutant
If this is heading toward EP there won't be any play. Absolutely bucketing down.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
I hope it doesn't rain. This is the one game, more than any other, I've been looking forward to seeing. South Africa must watch out for the following things:

Kevin Skinner punching people.

Random umpiring decisions that Allan Hewson can capitalize on.

Planes throwing flour bombs on the players.

South Africa can win provided the following things:

Hennie Muller is allowed to wreck havoc. 4-0.

Half the NZ side is playing Australia simultaneously.

I think after this game, New Zealand will regard this Proteas side as the best side to leave NZ shores since 1937.