• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Tart

U19 Debutant
After years of watching the NRL, I am pretty sure that they make it up as they go along
For sure, I think the fact that I don’t really know all the rules and just kinda guess at what make sense at different points actually means I’m fully qualified to work in the bunker.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For sure, I think the fact that I don’t really know all the rules and just kinda guess at what make sense at different points actually means I’m fully qualified to work in the bunker.
My favourite is the forward pass

Ball goes forward by 1m + and was a forward pass for a century

Bunker: “ball was propelled backwards by player passing the ball”

No point getting upset about their interpretations anymore

AVA

First Class Debutant
Now I'm questioning myself.
I think if a tap on goes to hand they can rule on it because it's rules a knock on rather than a forward pass.

But I'm pretty sure a forward pass that goes to ground is also a knock on,
I guess unless they call it as forward before it hits ground or hand
Ah you're right, the tap on I'm thinking of can go to hand as well as to ground. I can't recall seeing the forward pass going to ground for a while so not 100% on that one, but I'm sure there is little consistency to it.

Julian87

State Captain
There are a few clubs who are normally there or thereabouts who are absolutely cooked for the foreseeable future. Has the makings of a very ordinary season from here on in.

- Souths being a basket case.
- Newcastle losing their most important and only great player.
- Canberra losing their most irreplaceable player as one of 9 or so top 30 injuries.
- Parramatta in huge trouble. Can’t win without Moses and all their lower grades are horrible. Gutho playing injured.
- Cowboys flat track bullies and absolute frauds under pressure

It will be a very boring Finals series if we have the likes of Dragons, Dolphins, Bulldogs etc in the bottom half of the 8 offering no threat at all.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
There are a few clubs who are normally there or thereabouts who are absolutely cooked for the foreseeable future. Has the makings of a very ordinary season from here on in.

- Souths being a basket case.
- Newcastle losing their most important and only great player.
- Canberra losing their most irreplaceable player as one of 9 or so top 30 injuries.
- Parramatta in huge trouble. Can’t win without Moses and all their lower grades are horrible. Gutho playing injured.
- Cowboys flat track bullies and absolute frauds under pressure

It will be a very boring Finals series if we have the likes of Dragons, Dolphins, Bulldogs etc in the bottom half of the 8 offering no threat at all.
Hey hey, don’t forget the Sharks

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just saw the news about Terry Hill. Loved his bits on the footy show growing up, could play a bit as well. 52 way too young.
Vale.

I remember him from the 95 WC; scored in extra time in the semi v NZ to put the Roos ahead, if memory serves.

No age, is it? :(

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Souths have Melbourne covered if they decide to play through the middle close to their line. It's the acres of space out on the wings that is causing them problems.