• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Slater in BIG Strife

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some serious issues this lad.

Found his rap-sheet from the last 3 years;

October 2021: arrested on charges of domestic violence and stalking

December 2021: arrested after breaching an AVO. Released on police bail

April 2022: police called to a unit in Manly, police start investigating him for assault and stalking

May 2022: charged with breeching police bail, magistrate grants him bail as well (that'll show him)

August 2022: arrested and charged with assault and stalking

September 2022: arrested for breaching bail (it did not show him)

November 2022: convicted of domestic violence charges, stalking and assault. A separate charge of assault and stalking from a hospital in July is dismissed on mental health grounds. Is sentenced to 2 years jail but is allowed to "serve it in the community". [Edit: I've figured out that this refers to a community corrections order] At some point in the next few months he moves to Noosa

March 2023: arrested and charged with assaulting a police officer and obstructing police. In November he is fined by a judge and not given a conviction (even though at this point he is technically in jail?)

April 2024: arrested and charged with 19 offences including domestic violence offences, stalking, breaking into a dwelling at night, common assault, assault occasioning bodily harm, choking or suffocation and breaching bail.

How he's repeatedly been granted bail is beyond any comprehension.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

mr_mister

He has some serious issues.

When we played against them many moons ago, he was one of the nicest guys in the team to talk to, and that was just after he'd been dropped from the Australian team.

However, none of us were women, which is where much of his anger seems to be directed.
Who did you play for?

mr_mister

In the wake of what we just saw on Saturday I think any remaining public sympathy for Slater is not just dead but 100 miles the other direction.

Lock this man up til he understands how to not let his mental issues affect other people. I am so over these losers giving lonely guys (or whatever the correct word is) the reputation of psycho women haters

mr_mister

I'm not expert either but I both have schizophrenia and am the support worker for several people with Autism, Schizophrenia etc and am starting to realise too much "mental health acceptance" will eventually lead to people thinking they have a pre forwarded excuse for behaviour that negatively affects others.

I don't want to come across as insensitive toward the very complicated topic of mental health and mental illness but I'm starting to see a bit of a gap between reality and what we're told the reality is

mr_mister

On a sub Reddit I was on earlier in the week there was a massive upvoted comment on a post showing the interview with the killer's parents (who I have less than zero blame for and the media are vultures for interviewing them) which basically said "reminder: people with schizophrenia are more likely to be the victim of violent crimes rather than the perpetrator" and for some reason it really triggered me. I guess a kind of "now's really not the time, even though you clearly think it's the most appropriate time" feeling came over me. I know the sentiment itself is completely fine. I dunno. It just really rubbed me the wrong way

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not expert either but I both have schizophrenia and am the support worker for several people with Autism, Schizophrenia etc and am starting to realise too much "mental health acceptance" will eventually lead to people thinking they have a pre forwarded excuse for behaviour that negatively affects others.

I don't want to come across as insensitive toward the very complicated topic of mental health and mental illness but I'm starting to see a bit of a gap between reality and what we're told the reality is
On a sub Reddit I was on earlier in the week there was a massive upvoted comment on a post showing the interview with the killer's parents (who I have less than zero blame for and the media are vultures for interviewing them) which basically said "reminder: people with schizophrenia are more likely to be the victim of violent crimes rather than the perpetrator" and for some reason it really triggered me. I guess a kind of "now's really not the time, even though you clearly think it's the most appropriate time" feeling came over me. I know the sentiment itself is completely fine. I dunno. It just really rubbed me the wrong way
You've begun your journey to the Right, welcome to adulthood

social

I'll just add that one of my ASD clients is literally a more cartoonish Elliot Rodger (he's even invented a term called "CR", short for "Couples rage" that means he feels rage when he sees happy couples in public) and I'm starting to lose empathy
My best mate of many years ended up destroying his own life and almost that of his family

He was diagnosed with everything under the sun but IMO his biggest issues were that he refused to believe that he had hit rock bottom and never took responsibility for his own actions

I was completely out of any kind feelings by the time he passed away last year and am not ashamed to say that it was probably a good thing for his kids