• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Tart

U19 Debutant
I still feel so sorry for Holbrook, he actually had the club heading in the right direction.
Sure it was slowly, but he took over a ****show, it's not a 2 year job to fix it.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i’ll say about the doggies, i am very conservative when it comes to asking for coaching changes (because to me it’s not “let’s fire the coach” it’s “you should only do it if you can find someone better”, because it’s a clown move to fire a coach if you’re only going to get someone worse [it’s what the tigers do])

three moments on friday reeked of bad coaching to me though. first on the half time buzzer when we got a penalty with a minute and a half to go and we just bummed around for forty five seconds before they decided what to do. the second was when tracey jumped for a ball that didn’t go the full ten on a drop out. the third was when burto let the clock run on the final goal kick rather than just either nailing it or deferring it

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i’ll say about the doggies, i am very conservative when it comes to asking for coaching changes (because to me it’s not “let’s fire the coach” it’s “you should only do it if you can find someone better”, because it’s a clown move to fire a coach if you’re only going to get someone worse [it’s what the tigers do])

three moments on friday reeked of bad coaching to me though. first on the half time buzzer when we got a penalty with a minute and a half to go and we just bummed around for forty five seconds before they decided what to do. the second was when tracey jumped for a ball that didn’t go the full ten on a drop out. the third was when burto let the clock run on the final goal kick rather than just either nailing it or deferring it
Sounds like 3 instances of poor match awareness.

There's not much the coach can do if the players are morons.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One of those weird games where you’re mostly in control but havent put it away.

They always make me nervous lol

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hell of a game. Should have kept Junior on the bench. Starting he, RCG and Matto on such a hot day was dumb. Had a million chances and didn’t put it away. Kudos tigers though, terrific defence.

also, Sivo as exclusively predicted am doesn’t have a go, and there’s no point playing a rookie half if you aren’t prepared to got to him more. First half very predictable. Second a bit better at least.

Will be better for the run in terms of their combo but predictably clunky. Hard to be upset with the tigers having a win though.

ashley bach

International Captain
@Burgey regarding the single worst decision in NRL history.
''which denies Kyle Feldt an opportunity'' are the words I'll remember for a long time.
What a bunch of horse crap this is, the Tigers player was heading towards the ball and Feldt ran into him.
Despite being wooden spoon bound, after analysis the Tigers came out in the system as being the best roughie of the year @10/1.
I gave them lots of brownie points for their great effort last week losing to Penrith by only 2 points.
Also gave them a a big tick just because Tim Sheens is involved again.
With 79.59 gone on the clock, this has turned out to be the most costly second I can recall in 30 years of punting.
Between myself and a couple others back home, not going to say just how many thousands went down the toilet, it hurts too much to type.
However I'm glad I was fast asleep on the other side of the world, because if I was watching there's little doubt that I probably
would've grabbed my cricket bat and stuck it through the T.V.
Yesterday's game brought back some horrible memories from 2022...almost identical and worth a watch.

Kraken

International 12th Man
@Kraken hey man

welp, there it is. I really like Lomax, but I don't think there's any doubt he isn't worth 800K and has failed to deliver on his potential so far.
Would have preferred to keep him - but at least it's done now, let's see who we can get as a replacement (Turuva from the Riff is off contract!).

Very interested to see where he ends up - if he ends up on the wing somewhere else I'll laugh my ass off

duffer

welp, there it is. I really like Lomax, but I don't think there's any doubt he isn't worth 800K and has failed to deliver on his potential so far.
Would have preferred to keep him - but at least it's done now, let's see who we can get as a replacement (Turuva from the Riff is off contract!).

Very interested to see where he ends up - if he ends up on the wing somewhere else I'll laugh my ass off
It sucks to just let him go walkies but maybe he ups his game as he's basically in a contract year now?

Son Of Coco

Should be a good game this week with the Thursday/Friday night specials vs Melbourne.

I hope the Broncs lose by 30. and it of course depends on who is playing for Melbourne, but hopefully it's a good one to watch.

Kraken

International 12th Man
It sucks to just let him go walkies but maybe he ups his game as he's basically in a contract year now?
It does, I think the club just realised they weren't getting anything from another club near his worth, or someone they wanted. Frees up a lot of cap space for 2025
Hopefully it does, although tbf to Lomax this year is the best he has been in ages

social

The Lomax situation is strange as he’s playing well and getting bulk minutes

Careful what you wish for

Son Of Coco

'Penalty Broncos' is getting a work out at the moment.

The ref might as well place it over the line for them.