• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2023/24

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Shaw, Martinez and Casemiro were back from injury but only Casemiro looked like a complete passenger.

Skipper Pup

U19 Debutant
Gravenberch is such a strange player. Has absolutely everything bar the ability to put the correct weight on his passes.

Stylistically he reminds me so much of Pogba but unless he sorts that part of his game out he's never going to be a LFC star.

Skipper Pup

U19 Debutant
I heard something the other day about Klopp replacing Southgate after the Euros if the latter decides he's had enough of the England job.
Zero chance .

Klopp has said he's taking at least 12 months off to 'live a normal life', whatever that means. If he returns to any sort of managerial gig it will be the Germany job I think. He's made no secret that he is a massive patriot and they've approached him at least 3 times in recent years. Coincidentally, Nagelsmann is only contracted until after the Euros so the timing would align nicely.

Southgate is gone after the Euros regardless. He's going to get pushed even if he wants to stay but they'll allow him to control the narrative and pretend like it was his decision. Anything short of winning the tournament with that squad is a massive failure. If he somehow wins it there's no better time to change the guard and ride off into the sunset. Hell, there may even be a free managerial spot at United for him if a European Championship is on his resume.

As far as England goes, I'd say Howe is the clear front-runner, followed by either Potter or Cooper. The joker in the pack would be Jose, who would be brilliant for international management but will almost certainly be odds on for the Portugal job once Martinez gets the boot.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I heard something the other day about Klopp replacing Southgate after the Euros if the latter decides he's had enough of the England job.
Haha I think certain elements of the LFC fanbase would rather he left them for Man U or Everton than England!

anil1405

International Captain
Virgil now saying he's uncertain if he will be at LFC next season... 👀

This can't be real.
This is totally understandable. Any top/good player would want to know what the club ambitions are going forward under a new manager before they decide to stick with the club. And this is what Virgil mentioned too.

It's a different thing that media wants to spin a story based on their priorities and by taking part of what he said.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah but the key thing here is that this "era" is ending with the team in better shape than it has been in years. This is a significant difference between this and the end of the Ferguson/Wenger eras. The Liverpool squad is full of exciting and still-developing players. It's a fantastic gig for an ambitious and talented manager.

Kraken

International 12th Man
Yeah but the key thing here is that this "era" is ending with the team in better shape than it has been in years. This is a significant difference between this and the end of the Ferguson/Wenger eras. The Liverpool squad is full of exciting and still-developing players. It's a fantastic gig for an ambitious and talented manager.
don’t bring facts into this ffs