• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time ODI XI

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not at all. Imran is not good enough to be a #7 for any ATG side. Its really that simple.
This is classic facts and logic Ikkiposting.
from what I’ve seen in my short time here the response to him is disproportionate due to his history of banking it up and repeating the same tactic again and again. credit where it’s due, it does work in riling the same people up
Meh people back up their ill advised hills all the time. He sticks up for what he believes in. Anything he says is immediately met with hostile exaggerations which ruins threads more than anything else.

Anyway, the most wrong opinion in this thread is people leaving out McGrath.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan was bad opposition in 99 finals ? Since when ?
Pakistan since mid 80s were always meh againist quality spin.

And oh, india sisn't have a quality spinner from 80 - 91 period till Kumble arrived. Hence the manhandling by Pakistani batsmen.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmmm.. repeating the same point without conceding the facts showing otherwise seems to trigger you?
no u
You can’t have both McGrath and Pollock in an ATG team . Both are similar bowler.
Sure but McGrath is the WC GOAT which should him an auto pick imo. Pollock's batting won't matter if he's playing in McGrath's spot and removing McGrath to adjust Pollock at 7 seems weird and somewhat light on batting.

Sunil1z

International Debutant
Pakistan since mid 80s were always meh againist quality spin.

And oh, india sisn't have a quality spinner from 80 - 91 period till Kumble arrived. Hence the manhandling by Pakistani batsmen.
Pakistani batsman manhandled Kumble and Harbhajan in 05 and 06 Test series too . Pakistan batsman may not be elite players of spin but they aren’t as bad as you think them to be .

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Every time I think of Pakistan's batting against Indian spinners, Anwar's manhandling of Kumble during his 194 comes to the mind. Dreadful nightmare.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Every time I think of Pakistan's batting against Indian spinners, Anwar's manhandling of Kumble during his 194 comes to the mind. Dreadful nightmare.
I watched it live at the ground. I think people were actually disappointed when Ganguly took that good catch as most folks realized game was up but at least we could have seen a 200 in ODIs for the first time.

Afridi running for him was :laugh: too.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Ranking systems are good. The ICC one sucks.

In fairness, we haven't had as many people really put the time into making good alternate systems for ODIs in the way we have for Tests.

@ankitj has a career list (does it have a thread? make a thread!) - but nothing to really directly compete with the rolling peaks/current ratings thing the ICC thing has done. I've done stuff for Tests but not ODIs yet.
There is a thread:

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/thr...reatest-odi-batsman-and-bowlers-ranked.83077/

Sunil1z

International Debutant
I dream of a day when someone will discuss me over 4 pages on CW like they did subshakerz.

PS. my real dreams must be dead.
You want to be discussed ?
Open Dravid vs Ponting thread.
And your every 3rd post should be Ponting’s average in India
And every 4th post should be Ponting’s 42 overseas average after removing WI of 00 .
Enjoy the show with a popcorn then .

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't let a single memory warp the facts. Kumble averages 24.3 against Pakistan

1669370915400.png

Same criteria, against India

1669370992662.png

And Sri Lanka

1669371056548.png

You can see where Pakistan stands.