• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time ODI XI

Sunil1z

International Regular
And Chanderpaul has a higher peak rating than Tendulkar. Ratings suck. Didn't even exist in their careers so a weird measure to hang on to.
But was Tendulkar’s highest ranking in Test = 4 ?

Moreover Imran and Kapil have same away average in ODI . Same can’t be said for Tendulkar and Chanderpaul in Test .
So , once again I am saying ICC ratings and rankings are not as meaningless as you think it to be.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But was Tendulkar’s highest ranking in Test = 4 ?

Moreover Imran and Kapil have same away average in ODI . Same can’t be said for Tendulkar and Chanderpaul in Test .
So , once again I am saying ICC ratings and rankings are not as meaningless as you think it to be.
I think they're extremely meaningless. I think the fact that you lose points for missing a game skews results in ODIs too much. It should definitely be part of the algorithm but guys end up being rested from ODIs way more often so you end up with Vaas with a better graph than Waqar which is kind of insane. They're ok for short periods in tests but in LOs they're completely off the mark. Malinga has never been the #1 T20 bowler.

Sunil1z

International Regular
I think they're extremely meaningless. I think the fact that you lose points for missing a game skews results in ODIs too much. It should definitely be part of the algorithm but guys end up being rested from ODIs way more often so you end up with Vaas with a better graph than Waqar which is kind of insane. They're ok for short periods in tests but in LOs they're completely off the mark. Malinga has never been the #1 T20 bowler.
But who is comparing Vaas with Waqar ?
It should only be used for players having nearly same overall average and overseas average.

I am using it for Kapil vs Imran in ODI as bowler ( they are close ) . I am not using it for Kapil vs Akram in ODI.

trundler

But who is comparing Vaas with Waqar ?
It should only be used for players having nearly same overall average and overseas average.

I am using it for Kapil vs Imran in ODI as bowler ( they are close ) . I am not using it for Kapil vs Akram in ODI.
I see your point tbf but I still think the ranking system sucks for ODIs. I don't think it's more valid than Ankit's thing. And I now realise that everything I have to say on this topic has been said already

trundler

He's just wrong a lot. I hate a lot of his general theories and outlooks. Like I really really hate them.

But yeah, I like him anyway. Backs up his bad takes, makes you think about exactly why he's wrong, doesn't take all the personal bait. Good poster.
Yeah I agree with this. The post I was responding to called something he said annoying though and well.. I stick up for the guy but his arguing style is an acquired taste.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Yeah I agree with this. The post I was responding to called something he said annoying though and well.. I stick up for the guy but his arguing style is an acquired taste.
his issue is him never amending his original point or conceding anything of significance when pointed out that he might be wrong. Doesn’t owe it to anyone to admit being wrong but when a guy doubles down on his bad takes it is funny and infuriating at the same time. there is never a sense of having a healthy discussion in good faith with him at any point, it’s always ‘my way or the highway’ with him

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
V Trumper (MWaugh)
B Murdoch (Gilchrist)
D Bradman (Ponting)
S McCabe ( D Jones)
N Harvey (Hussey/Bevan)
K Miller (Watson)
J Gregory (Symonds)
A Davidson (Starc)
R Lindwall (Lee)
C Grimmett (Warne)
F Spofforth (McGrath)

Socerer 01

International Captain
V Trumper (MWaugh)
B Murdoch (Gilchrist)
D Bradman (Ponting)
S McCabe ( D Jones)
N Harvey (Hussey/Bevan)
K Miller (Watson)
J Gregory (Symonds)
A Davidson (Starc)
R Lindwall (Lee)
C Grimmett (Warne)
F Spofforth (McGrath)
Bradman would have been an opener like Sachin if he played odis likely

trundler

Well yeah as someone who's constantly hopping from one feud to the next you gotta admire his restraint. Facts and logic posting is somewhat infuriating to the uninitiated though. Like calling things objectively better when they're not. Mind you, not getting into bitch fights and low effort trolling puts him far above the mean.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I assume you guys talking about subshakerz? The guy has incredible patience. Never seen someone keep responding so politely and maturely even when he's getting constant personal attacks. He's not a guy who's arguing style deserves criticism
He is just passive aggressive. Trolls people with post after post of created facts and patiently enjoys the riled up people. It is a great trait in terms of posting, sure. But not everyone prefers that type.