• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time ODI XI

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
On Kapil vs Imran, it is more like Kallis vs Sehwag or Kallis vs Gilchrist as pure batsmen in ODIs. There is no right or wrong answer on who you can choose on every team, just depends on the team composition and the skills you need.

And neither is objectively a better bowler than the other either.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He is just passive aggressive. Trolls people with post after post of created facts and patiently enjoys the riled up people. It is a great trait in terms of posting, sure. But not everyone prefers that type.
Imran > Kapil is a fair opinion and the thread became rank when people threw a fit over this assertion based on perceived bias and started responding with disingenuously over the top ridicule. He doesn't under rate Kapil any more than PFK over rates him and wasn't even the guy who started the discussion as Ankit put Imran in his XI before him and suggested Kapil's batting is being overrated. Then came all the hysteria once Subz chimed in. Discussions going in circles happens all the time tho.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
On Kapil vs Imran, it is more like Kallis vs Sehwag or Kallis vs Gilchrist as pure batsmen in ODIs. There is no right or wrong answer on who you can choose on every team, just depends on the team composition and the skills you need.

Imran is objectively a better bowler isn't it? It is only because of his inferior strike rate to Kapil in batting that we are having this discussion.

But like you said, it does depend on the team composition. If it is someone like Bevan at 6, Kapil can work better as a number 7. But if it is someone like Symonds at 6, Imran can be a good foil to him.

TheJediBrah

Disagree, there is a right and wrong answer on those ones

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Imran > Kapil is a fair opinion and the thread became rank when people threw a fit over this assertion based on perceived bias and started responding with disingenuously over the top ridicule. He doesn't under rate Kapil any more than PFK over rates him and wasn't even the guy who started the discussion as Ankit put Imran in his XI before him and suggested Kapil's batting is being overrated. Then came all the hysteria once Subz chimed in. Discussions going in circles happens all the time tho.
Except for PFK and another new poster, I don't think anyone including the Indians here said Kapil is greater than Imran. You have to understand how he triggers people and insults them to the level that the posters are personally triggered.

My love is all for Sachin and Jadeja only. I actually cared a damn about Kapil till he started the veiled continuous insulting on him.

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
Imran is objectively a better bowler isn't it? It is only because of his inferior strike rate to Kapil in batting that we are having this discussion.

But like you said, it does depend on the team composition. If it is someone like Bevan at 6, Kapil can work better as a number 7. But if it is someone like Symonds at 6, Imran can be a good foil to him.
Imran is clearly a better bowler in tests, not ODIs. I have stated overall stats, stats from their peaks multiple times to prove this. And I fear if I do once more, Sunil 1z will kill me.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain

He isn't. Averages decimal points better than Kapil, at the same time had a worse economy rate too. Imran has a worse away record too as a bowler. Kapil bowled his quota of overs mostly even when he was declining as a bowler from 1991, whereas Imran cut down on his bowling workload when his batting became better, thereby protecting his averages.

if anything, it is a better opinion to say Imran was a better batsman than Kapil, than as a bowler.

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
It is a fair opinion, an opinion that can be defended, but so can Kapil>Imran(in ODIs).

trundler

Except for PFK and another new poster, I don't think anyone including the Indians here said Kapil is greater than Imran. You have to understand how he triggers people and insults them to the level that the posters are personally triggered.

My love is all for Sachin and Jadeja only. I actually cared a damn about Kapil till he started the veiled continuous insulting on him.
I get why calling one player objectively better than a rival or calling your opinions incontestable would rile people up but the response to him is still insanely disproportionate.
Not as a #7.
Bro this is literally the same as what you guys are supposedly complaining about. Of course it is.

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
The only problem is when people start to assume Imran is ‘objectively better than Kapil’ or even vica versa. Now let’s move on to some other topic pls. I’ll start by pledging I won’t discuss Imran vs Kapil in this thread again.

Socerer 01

International Captain
He is just passive aggressive. Trolls people with post after post of created facts and patiently enjoys the riled up people. It is a great trait in terms of posting, sure. But not everyone prefers that type.
this. His ‘patience’ and politeness is just a ruse that pays off when he enjoys riling people up by ignoring everything they say and doubling down on his takes by claiming his subjective opinion is the most objective truth out there. Classic internet troll behaviour

Socerer 01

International Captain
I get why calling one player objectively better than a rival or calling your opinions incontestable would rile people up but the response to him is still insanely disproportionate.

Bro this is literally the same as what you guys are supposedly complaining about. Of course it is.
from what I’ve seen in my short time here the response to him is disproportionate due to his history of banking it up and repeating the same tactic again and again. credit where it’s due, it does work in riling the same people up