• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, what you’re missing is that he did actually from a clinical mental illness. So if you were to suggest that you’d be correct.

Hence why minimising it as ‘a bit homesick’ has drawn ire. So probably best not to comment on these things if you’re not informed
Correct.
:laugh: tjb knew exactly what he was doing and now he's getting what he hoped for too

classic tjb
heh I wish I could play people that well

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, don’t know if you can file COVID related absence under this but this sort of thing must chip away at your love for the game, and of course doesn’t help the side.

Getting reminders of when I just started following cricket and in the last few years of his career M.Crowe would always be around the side but rarely actually make it out onto the park. Let’s just hope KW is able to get back to his best at some point. Anyway, chance for Latham to rack up further captaincy experience.
Yeah, was just thinking this today. Fell in love with the game during Crowe's heroics in the 1992 World Cup. Then after his knee blew in 1993, the team just felt wrong without him (and not just because they became an absolute shambles in his absence). Imagine there'll be a few kids with similar experiences from the 2019 World Cup who'll be feeling the same today.

Last edited:

jcas0167

International Debutant
Yeah, was just thinking this today. Fell in love with the game during Crowe's heroics in the 1992 World Cup. Then after his knee blew in 1993, the team just felt wrong without him (and not just because they became an absolute shambles in his absence). Imagine there'll be a few kids with similar experiences from the 2019 World Cup who'll be feeling the same today.
I think there was an ODI game at Eden Park during that period where he was unfit but they delayed announcing he was out to get more people through the gate.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Batting first!

Great stat that, despite NZ's long and storied history of terrible batting and terrible openers, the aggregate of 50 runs for the top 4 across two innings last match is NZ's worst ever. So ah, can't do any worse, right?

Henry and Macewell as expected.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
England won the toss and chose to field. I think both teams would struggle before lunch with the bat, so it's an attacking and defensive move.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Think Southee and Boult would have loved first use of the conditions knowing Trent Bridge usually swing friendly.

But really, given what NZ are used to at home (challenging first sessions, easier batting conditions later on) Latham and co. should be up for it.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Don't know what to expect from M Bracewell - I'm sure his spin will do a job but more interested in the batting.

NZ selectors hoping that, like CDG and Mitchell, they can pull another rabbit out of the hat of ~30yo domestic players without the best stats who possibly have the talent and mentality to play at the top level.

flibbertyjibber

Will miss first session as on holiday in Crete. Lunchtime then shopping after. Will listen to rest of day on Skygo with little chance of seeing screen as screen is unviewable in sun.

Come on Jimmy at your favourite ground.

trundler

Think Southee and Boult would have loved first use of the conditions knowing Trent Bridge usually swing friendly.

But really, given what NZ are used to at home (challenging first sessions, easier batting conditions later on) Latham and co. should be up for it.
Well based on that Williamson and Latham should be good in England but they aren't.