• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
so far it sounds like adam scott, lee westwood and mickelson are seriously considering norman's saudi league...for westwood and mickelson, it makes sense, they don't have much of a future left on the pga tour and this is a chance for some risk-free cash grab at the end of their careers...for scott, because norman is his idol, it makes sense that they would try to rope him in...he has also been a non-factor on tour for a number of years now...

i just hope the top players in the game don't get pulled into it...

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
so far it sounds like adam scott, lee westwood and mickelson are seriously considering norman's saudi league...for westwood and mickelson, it makes sense, they don't have much of a future left on the pga tour and this is a chance for some risk-free cash grab at the end of their careers...for scott, because norman is his idol, it makes sense that they would try to rope him in...he has also been a non-factor on tour for a number of years now...

i just hope the top players in the game don't get pulled into it...
Given who the league is connected to, I would argue it doesn't make sense for any golfer to sign up. None of the people you've mentioned need the money. I think their reputation is a little more important.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Given who the league is connected to, I would argue it doesn't make sense for any golfer to sign up. None of the people you've mentioned need the money. I think their reputation is a little more important.
oh i agree but when the results and the regular stream of money they are used to dry up on the regular tour or if you are in the sunset of your career, that kind of cash for a significantly less gruelling (no more than 12-14 tournaments/year), low risk (no cut) schedule could certainly be very appealing...they all play in saudi tournaments anyway so i don't think any of them are concerned about the moral aspects of it...forget the saudis, just playing for that sleazeball norman should bump up the ick factor of this league significantly...

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
The PGA locker-room will be a more friendly environment without Mickelson. According to one young pro, he ignored players who weren't highly ranked ... even turning his back if they spoke to him.

social

Mickelson is a tool & always has been

Same with Norman and many other great sportsmen

That’s a big part of why they’re great

Unfortunately

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Mickelson is a tool & always has been

Same with Norman and many other great sportsmen

That’s a big part of why they’re great

Unfortunately
Being a tool isn't a prerequisite to being great sportsmen, those two are prize dickheads because it is in their nature...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
scottie sheffler on a special run these past two months...5 shot lead going into the weekend at augusta...tiger falls back predictably...

grecian

scottie sheffler on a special run these past two months...5 shot lead going into the weekend at augusta...tiger falls back predictably...
WTF is he, honestly I give up on golf if he wins the Masters and stays number 1, another god-bothering Yank nobody, who will disappear in a year.

Yeah my bets not going too well....

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
WTF is he, honestly I give up on golf if he wins the Masters and stays number 1, another god-bothering Yank nobody, who will disappear in a year.

Yeah my bets not going too well....
he had been considered a rising star for the past couple of years…broke through this season with 3 wins in 5 starts, now with this halfway lead at the masters