• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test at Adelaide - 16 to 20 Dec

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've seen this one before too. Smith somehow bats with the tail for about two hours longer than she should, making a rapidly accelerating hundred and putting the game beyond us on a pitch that's doing a bit.
The 'rapidly accelerating' bit ain't in evidence yet.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith hasn't really played a fluent test innings since that 2019 Ashes so if he does today that would be seriously ominous for England.
The most important part of his knock was not getting out last night and sparking something bad

mr_mister

The nailed on future ATG all-rounder Cameron Green is averaging 26 with the bat and 49 with the ball

Gonna take a massive effort just to get up to 33/28 set of averages let alone Keith Miller level

Wonder how much rope he gets if he takes a couple of 1 fers and fails again in the second dig

mr_mister

Yeah but when you're fighting for the 0.5 AR spots in the team (it's not like it's essential in an Australian test team) I feel we can't just give him 20 tests on potential like we did Marsh

We badly want our answer to Stokes but no point forcing it

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah but when you're fighting for the 0.5 AR spots in the team (it's not like it's essential in an Australian test team) I feel we can't just give him 20 tests on potential like we did Marsh

We badly want our answer to Stokes but no point forcing it
there are quite a few numbers between 20 and 1

like i wouldn't be adverse to dropping him after this series if he keeps batting like that, but it's not like he's facing huge competition for his spot either.

mr_mister

there are quite a few numbers between 20 and 1
There's not as many between 6-10 though. I'm just saying a series here where he takes under 10 wickets and scores under 200 runs will have him looking like a no rounder really fast