• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test at Adelaide - 16 to 20 Dec

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One thing in England's favour here is that Australia will be less tempted to declare without 400 up.

mr_mister

we don't need an AR but it certainly helps. and, again, i just don't see the urgency to tinker with the side when there's very little in the way of standout batsmen being kept out in the shield
Maddinson for one has done enough to earn a recall. And I'd say has a greater than 50% chance at contributing more to the XI than Green upon return

There's not people knocking the door like in the 90s but there are still people who will potentially improve the side more than Green and for me that's enough

I don't doubt Green will play the whole series but it seems odds on hel get a couple of fifties max and 8-12 wickets

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The nailed on future ATG all-rounder Cameron Green is averaging 26 with the bat and 49 with the ball

Gonna take a massive effort just to get up to 33/28 set of averages let alone Keith Miller level

Wonder how much rope he gets if he takes a couple of 1 fers and fails again in the second dig
Don't worry future 22 year-old future ATG allrounder Rachin Ravindra is averaging 17 with the bat and 40 with the ball.

halba

International 12th Man
One thing in England's favour here is that Australia will be less tempted to declare without 400 up.
Aus shouldn’t declare until 420. They should go for it shortly.

400 is enough against England I think and also given the bowling quality in au conditions

Gob

International Coach
Maddinson for one has done enough to earn a recall. And I'd say has a greater than 50% chance at contributing more to the XI than Green upon return

There's not people knocking the door like in the 90s but there are still people who will potentially improve the side more than Green and for me that's enough

I don't doubt Green will play the whole series but it seems odds on hel get a couple of fifties max and 8-12 wickets
Do you understand that Green bowls right

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've seen this one before too. Smith somehow bats with the tail for about two hours longer than he should, making a rapidly accelerating hundred and putting the game beyond us on a pitch that's doing a bit.
Wanker runs tbh, shouldn’t count

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
It’s not that he didn’t do well, it’s that he kept bowling rank full tosses. He can’t even land it on the pitch.

Leach got absolutely smacked around and didn’t even bowl that badly. Imagine what they’d do to Bess. He’s utter ****.
Didn't Leach get completely taken apart by Pant? There were patches where he looked absolutely terrible against India but he did pretty well. Also, being a left arm spinner helped him, just like it would have helped Bess in this game since the Aussies have so many left handers.

Bess crumbled under pressure against India, it was his first tour in totally different conditions and he didn't know what to do. Happens to a lot of young players. Why just write him off like this? And this thing with full tosses is blown out of proportion, he wouldn't have made it this far if he didn't knew how to land the ball.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Do you understand that Green bowls right
I know. I'm saying Green's bowling plus batting atm would still not equal what Maddinson could easily bring to the table if he played the rest of the series.

That's not a controversial statement either

Shri

Mr. Glass
Not convinced Aus will have enough on the board to declare tonight and have a decent crack at the poms
eng should be made to bat 40 mins before close regardless of what aus have on the board

everyone around the bat. burns will get himself out in 3 balls max

Gob

International Coach
I know. I'm saying Green's bowling plus batting atm would still not equal what Maddinson could easily bring to the table if he played the rest of the series.

That's not a controversial statement either
Haha he'll try to mow one over midwicket and get bowled and you'll be telling us that may be he wasn't good enough. Stick with something for a bit ffs

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
450 no good?
I guess so, but at Adelaide generally the longer you can bat first innings and keep the fielders out there the better. If you can could potentially get 550 first innings seems silly to declare on 450

Still think they should declare tonight to bowl under lights regardless but they should have been more aggressive so they had 50+ more runs IMO

Gob

International Coach
I guess so, but at Adelaide generally the longer you can bat first innings and keep the fielders out there the better. If you can could potentially get 550 first innings seems silly to declare on 450

Still think they should declare tonight to bowl under lights regardless but they should have been more aggressive so they had 50+ more runs IMO
That was old Adelaide no. I don't think 500 plus was made many times in the post drop in/day night era