• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test at Adelaide - 16 to 20 Dec

Spark

Global Moderator
Green is batting 6 ffs. His technique isn't perfect but he's still young and he'll adapt. Not enough credit was given to the bowler there.
i mean it's a good ball but you have to get at least something behind it. you can't get bowled to that, you just can't.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
obviously has an issue with balls there
Straight ones on the stumps?

That's pretty ****ing problematic for a test player.

Last year he couldn't take a wicket. This year he can barely make a run. A No Rounder of the highest order.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah that trigger movement, hmm, that doesn't look right to me.
His starting open and stepping across reminds me of the way I used to get bowled all the time. While with his height I reckon he'll always be vulnerable to the full delivery, I don't recall his setup looking that bad before.

Spark

Global Moderator
His starting open and stepping across reminds me of the way I used to get bowled all the time. While with his height I reckon he'll always be vulnerable to the full delivery, I don't recall his setup looking that bad before.
yeah it was absolutely not like that last summer, when it genuinely looked quite good and it was more his mental approach to the game that was holding him back, rather than anything technical. but that there is absolutely technical, he's not lining up the ball correctly for whatever reason.

Starfighter

I can imagine this talking about how Green's being open is bad is pissing off that idiot batting coach I see often being retweeted by Ian Pont on Twitter, who insists that batsmen should stand open and states things that are blatantly not true, like Pont does with bowling.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
To be honest it's refreshing to see a young Australian batsman get out leaving and playing inside the line rather than trying to get bat on ball and nicking off for fun. I think Green will be fine. Hard to average 55+ in the shield without knowing where your off stump is. He's clearly just out of form.

halba

International 12th Man
we need to bring in the man : mitch marsh. hes worth a punt max we could do no worse?

hes in great form. what more can u do.

1639720771581.png
1639720916340.png

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
To be honest it's refreshing to see a young Australian batsman get out leaving and playing inside the line rather than trying to get bat on ball and nicking off for fun. I think Green will be fine. Hard to average 55+ in the shield without knowing where your off stump is. He's clearly just out of form.
Starfighter might be onto something by suspecting it's a coaching issue tbh. Ponting is saying that he's clearly so worried about the LBW that he's not bringing his body into alignment with the ball, and that sounds like a coaching intervention gone awry.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Just hope Langer gives green the time he needs to develop instead of randomly dropping him for MMarsh or something. We've invested in the kid and he's clearly too good for shield, have to stick with him for a bit now.

Starfighter

yeah it was absolutely not like that last summer, when it genuinely looked quite good and it was more his mental approach to the game that was holding him back, rather than anything technical. but that there is absolutely technical, he's not lining up the ball correctly for whatever reason.
Looking at footage from his 84 last summer, I slightly modify my statement. He was starting very open, but his back foot was staying quite still and his front foot was moving to cover the line. This time his back foot's moved across a lot and his front not as much.