• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test at Adelaide - 16 to 20 Dec

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can imagine Anderson and Broad in for England, Leach and Woakes at least out. Either four pacers or Bess comes in. Good knows what they do with the batting, deck chairs on the Titanic especially as they don't really have another opener. Though I think anyone would be better than Burns at this point.

Reports for Australia is that Hazlewood might miss due to his side strain. The prospect of Anderson vs Richardson under lights is a delectable one.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Great too see green bowl well but think the focus on bowling has cut down his efficiency as a bat a bit. Despite getting numerous starts managed to average 40 in the shield season, concentration and hunger that allowed him to continually convert starts and make massive tons seems to have been missing recently, high score of 106 and was dropped twice between 60 and 100 in that 106.

If he puts a long term focus on his bowling wouldn't surprise me if he ends up a 35/40 average bat best case rather than a 45 average bat minimum.

Gob

International Coach
Great too see green bowl well but think the focus on bowling has cut down his efficiency as a bat a bit. Despite getting numerous starts managed to average 40 in the shield season, concentration and hunger that allowed him to continually convert starts and make massive tons seems to have been missing recently, high score of 106 and was dropped twice between 60 and 100 in that 106.

If he puts a long term focus on his bowling wouldn't surprise me if he ends up a 35/40 average bat best case rather than a 45 average bat minimum.
I'd happily take that. He is yet to crack it as a test bat

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
We will get a typical England reaction whereby bowlers get dropped because batsmen failed. At least one of Anderson and Broad should have played at Brisbane and at least one of them will play at Adelaide, I guess both. Robinson and Wood were our two best players so should keep their places if fit. No idea what to do about Leach. He somehow got smashed around without bowling many loose balls, just looked completely toothless and lacking in ideas on a flat pitch. Tempted to say we should play five pace bowlers if there's any help in the conditions.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
A guy averaging 40 with the blade who bowls like Green did in this most recent test would be absolutely worth their weight in gold, far more so in my opinion than someone who would average 45 and barely bowl at all

As for selection, I would go in unchanged for Australia if everyone is fit and ready. If Haze isn't fit to play then Jhye Richardson is the clear replacement, may seem harsh on Neser who hasn't really done anything wrong that but it seems pretty clear to me Jhye is a more natrually talented bowler

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England selectors have to show faith in their bowlers. Dumping Woakes and Leach for promising reserves would be fatal to their careers.

Silverwood should be sacked if he doesn't.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
A guy averaging 40 with the blade who bowls like Green did in this most recent test would be absolutely worth their weight in gold, far more so in my opinion than someone who would average 45 and barely bowl at all

As for selection, I would go in unchanged for Australia if everyone is fit and ready. If Haze isn't fit to play then Jhye Richardson is the clear replacement, may seem harsh on Neser who hasn't really done anything wrong that but it seems pretty clear to me Jhye is a more natrually talented bowler
Ravindra Jadeja

jackyboy1234

Cricket Spectator
I think so that Woakes should stay in the 11. Unfortunately Pope should be dropped to accommodate Bess (who can bat a bit - and also brings variety to the attack). Woakes looked good in patches both with the ball and the bat at the gabba therefore I think he should stay at bat as high as 7. Wood is a must ( when it goes flat , Wood is the man who has the extra pace to get a wicket out of nowhere and he also got out smith). Broad and Anderson are also a must under lights as the pink ball will swing consistently and that is when you wan't Broad and Anderson in the team.

1. Burns
2. Hammeed
3. Malan
4. Root
5. Stokes
6. Buttler
7. Woakes (Also very good swing bowler - important under lights in Adelaide)
8. Bess
9. Wood
10. Broad
11. Anderson

jackyboy1234

Cricket Spectator
Sorry this is my real xi - I forgot Robinson
1. Stokes
2. Hameed
3. Malan
4. Root
5. Buttler