• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test at Adelaide - 16 to 20 Dec

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
20 tests would be fine though. He's the best performing shield bat and we don't have anyone else banging down the door.

mr_mister

i just don't see the rush tbh
I do just because I feel like we can afford to not even have an AR if they're just a passenger with the bat and decent support with the ball but in a relief role

I guess with Cummins and Hazelwood out hel be getting an extended bowl in Englands innings so hopefully he gets a 3 fer or something

mr_mister

20 tests would be fine though. He's the best performing shield bat and we don't have anyone else banging down the door.
Hughes tonned up twice in his first series and got dropped halfway through the following ashes while being a shield prodigy too

I wonder if Green will be treated far better

Spark

Global Moderator
I do just because I feel like we can afford to not even have an AR if they're just a passenger with the bat and decent support with the ball but in a relief role

I guess with Cummins and Hazelwood out hel be getting an extended bowl in Englands innings so hopefully he gets a 3 fer or something
we don't need an AR but it certainly helps. and, again, i just don't see the urgency to tinker with the side when there's very little in the way of standout batsmen being kept out in the shield

Starfighter

we don't need an AR but it certainly helps. and, again, i just don't see the urgency to tinker with the side when there's very little in the way of standout batsmen being kept out in the shield
And the other most standout batsman is a guy who gets clonked on the head a lot and is close to being forced to retire because of it.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
This is just what I hate so much about the Australian cricket fanbase, any cricketer who has acheived even a decent amount of domestic success is instantly hailed as the solution to all of Australia's problems, then if they get a chance young and fail to comprehensively grab it they are written off as a hack, a hype job, someone who was never any good all along. Green just the latest in a long list to be subjected to this

The Greg Chappell youth over everything selection mindset is at least in part at fault for this. **** you Greg Chappell

halba

International 12th Man
Green and Harris have to go. Passengers. Green is not a test standard all rounder if that’s his playing role. Woeful technique for a no 6 Batman. Harris isn’t a test standard opener. He’s shocking being selected again and again. Wasteful. It’s that simple. Usman for Harris and Mitch marsh for cam green are two simple like for like swaps. Can’t do worse.

if jhye and neser both bowl really well and starc is average then there is pressure on starc when Cummins returns. Cummins jhye and neser would be close to the no1 test bowling attack past 5 years sort of like Steyn Morkel and philander in terms of skilfulness

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Green and Harris have to go. Passengers. Green is not a test standard all rounder if that’s his playing role. Woeful technique for a no 6 Batman. Harris isn’t a test standard opener. He’s shocking being selected again and again. Wasteful. It’s that simple.

if jhye and neser both bowl really well and starc is average then there is pressure on starc when Cummins returns. Cummins jhye and neser would be close to the no1 test bowling attack past 5 years.
lol your kneejerking makes me look as measured as Mahatma Gandhi.