• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha I’m semi serious though. Been saying it for years. I probably formulated the idea after my second or third visit but have never got round to it. Think Stranraer were away in 2018. In 2019 I was under medical advice to not attend football matches and obviously last year speaks for itself.

saying that I remember you telling me how bad it was when Rangers were down there. Probably hard for you to compare but remembering I watched the conference for three years, is it that sort of standard?
I've no idea how bad the standard is in the conference, but if it's 3 rungs below the Championship then it must be pretty awful.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've no idea how bad the standard is in the conference, but if it's 3 rungs below the Championship then it must be pretty awful.
Top half isn’t much different to bog standard L2. Problem is the pitches, the officials, teams parking a bigger bus on the pitch than they needed to bring their fans up. A bloody goat (Wrexham fan) made a good point to us when we got there. The conference has the worst pros and best semi-pros in English football. It leads to well trained mediocrity mixed with unrefined potential.

I could never ever swallow another year there but it’s all the surrounding factors and the way they choose to ply rather than a lack of skill.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha wait till you see the state of Scottish referees.

Have a look at Hamilton's 2nd penalty here for a fine example:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
There’s a Scottish Cup tie on the BBC and iPlayer on September 20th between Berwick and Gretna 2008. They’re both a tier below League 2 so might be worth a curiosity value watch.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Ole says Ronaldo will start against Newcastle. Like it’s not in his contract that he decides for himself whether he plays or not. :tooth:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Is that a Spurs balloon being pricked already?
I'll take it. The Guardian's commentary suggests that we were well worth it, even if the scores were level until the Spurs red card. And Edouard looks a fair signing.

Last edited:

speirz

State Vice-Captain
I'll take it. The Guardian's commentary suggests that we were well worth it, even if the score were level until the Spurs red card. And Edouard looks a fair signing.
Spurs were really, really awful. Did not look threatening all game. Palace played well and Gallagher in particular found spaces everywhere. With someone other than Benteke up front it might've been more comfortable, more quickly.

Aritro

International Regular
Jesus **** off, that **** doesn't need any help scoring his goals.

Geraint Jones would have held onto that ffs

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
In other news, sounds like Arsenal have spent the entire first half of their match being massively ineffectual.