• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commentary complaints thread

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Just found out he's apparently a dead ringer for Ms Sledger's dickhead ex husband as well, and so I now have even more of a reason to dislike both of these people

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's just so unspeakably poor

Love how he told everyone to go out and do whatever they liked to celebrate, only to then retract and say "within restrictions"

Obviously got yelled at by a producer in his headset
As I say, the only possible consolation in his comms, is how unintentionally funny he is, that made me laugh so much, maybe only because we just had won.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I did like a Gary Neville comment for a change when he said "Leadership in this country has been so poor over the past couple of years" and then went on to praise Southgate for his leadership.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I’ve always felt this way about him before but tonight he just brought shame upon his family.
Oh and as Sledger didn't mention, he also said people shouldn't go into work tomorrow, and take the day off, on an advertising-led channel sure all the companies paying mega-bucks for their ads would be delighted, at much of their workforce being encouraged to throw a sickie.

Yet made me laugh even more, why I find him funny, He's an utter knob, but hilarious unintentionally.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Did I imagine it amongst the delirium of England's win or was Matterface's call of Denmark being reduced to 10 men for the second half of extra time something like "I understand that Denmark have one less member of staff currently on the pitch."

Followed by "Yes, I can confirm, Denmark are down to 9 men. [Pause while somebody informs him how many players are in a football team] "I'm sorry, down to 10 men."

Member of staff!

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
When Harry Kane scored his screaming of "YES YES YES" was very similar to when Blackadder told Baldrick he had to sleep with the Spanish Infanta so she wouldn't be a virgin.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Did I imagine it amongst the delirium of England's win or was Matterface's call of Denmark being reduced to 10 men for the second half of extra time something like "I understand that Denmark have one less member of staff currently on the pitch."

Followed by "Yes, I can confirm, Denmark are down to 9 men. [Pause while somebody informs him how many players are in a football team] "I'm sorry, down to 10 men."

Member of staff!
No, you didn't imagine it. This is exactly what he said. My biggest gripe was when he started to deliver his eulogy to Denmark's tournament performance a full five minutes before the end of extra time, thereby tempting fate in a way that just invited the footballing gods to make sure that they equalised and then won the penalty shoot-out. Perhaps the only reason that didn't happen was the 30m viewers, as one, directing a stream of abuse towards their tellies that would even make Roy Keane blush.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Just found out he's apparently a dead ringer for Ms Sledger's dickhead ex husband as well, and so I now have even more of a reason to dislike both of these people
The one picture that I've seen on Matterface had him looking like Laurence Fox, which is an even better reason to dislike him.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The one picture that I've seen on Matterface had him looking like Laurence Fox, which is an even better reason to dislike him.
Oh yeah I remember I have already made this observation now haha. But yes, damning on all three parties.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah apparently a lot of people have actually taken the day off work "because Sam Matterface said so".