• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England 2020

Flem274*

123/5
i think anderson will put on a clinic next innings which is a shame because i don't really get wood and archer, the two most mercurial english bowlers, being in the same side

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That Campbell bloke is a bit of a dasher, or at least has that kind of reputation. If he can get lucky, Windies should do well. A lot depends on how well they can bowl 3rd dig too.

Kraken

International 12th Man
Its the off stump that is visible that messes these calls up. So often you see on reviews that the ball is going down leg when the off pole is visible but for some reason this time both were hitting leg. Maybe less swing or angle on the ball with Holder?
yeah archer falling over after being hit doesn't help that tbh. I thought height would've been the issue, not line. Holder gets a considerable amount of bowled and lbw's, lovely full length. genuinely my fav non-aus cricketer atm

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah archer falling over after being hit doesn't help that tbh. I thought height would've been the issue, not line. Holder gets a considerable amount of bowled and lbw's, lovely full length. genuinely my fav non-aus cricketer atm

Kinda an alpha move to call out about how media does not talk about him enough and he is ranked higher than Stokes, than proceed to get a 5-fer including dismissing Stokes. Only thing missing is a match winning 100 when batting.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i think anderson will put on a clinic next innings which is a shame because i don't really get wood and archer, the two most mercurial english bowlers, being in the same side
Yeah could argue picking that pair would be fine if Stokes wasn't the 4th bowler and it was Broad or Woakes. Not that you would drop Stokes.

Guess they are planning for Australia knowing that Broad/Anderson/Woakes and Stokes is too powderpuff and pace is needed.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Tomorrow looking a little better on the overheads? So Windies might even want the last session washed out. Looks to be some rain around yet.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hands up who though a top 4 that's most flatteringly described as "unproven" and a tail that starts at 8 was the way to go?

Just you then, Ed? Shocker...

Kraken

International 12th Man
I can see why holder is bowling Joseph atm, trying to get him bowling well and a bit of confidence, but get Gabriel back on imo. Clean them up quickly

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hands up who though a top 4 that's most flatteringly described as "unproven" and a tail that starts at 8 was the way to go?

Can't really do much about the top 4 thing to be honest. Maybe Ian Bell is free?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can see why holder is bowling Joseph atm, trying to get him bowling well and a bit of confidence, but get Gabriel back on imo. Clean them up quickly
Trouble is Gabriel is so fragile he is just as likely to get injured as clean up the tail. Needs to make sure he looks after him. Difficult decisions to make.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

I didn't particularly fancy our top 4 but I don't know who else they could have picked. Maybe Bairstow, but he's hardly inspired confidence lately. Dunno about the tail either. Maybe Woakes instead of one of the quicks, but you could call that either way. Given who's been taking most of the wickets, I think that Broad will be missed.

Kraken

International 12th Man
Trouble is Gabriel is so fragile he is just as likely to get injured as clean up the tail. Needs to make sure he looks after him. Difficult decisions to make.
Yeah, that's fair enough then. Roach to bowl, cause it just isn't working for Joseph atm