• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well done Australia.

Genuinely more upset about Espoir D'allen and Roaring Lion being put down today than anything that has happened in the cricket.

Guess that shows my allegiance is Racing, cricket then football.

trundler

Well done Australia.

Genuinely more upset about Espoir D'allen and Roaring Lion being put down today than anything that has happened in the cricket.

Guess that shows my allegiance is Racing, cricket then football.
If you want to motivate a horse, never say break a leg :ph34r:

Neptune

State Vice-Captain
White ball cricket has ruined the England test team unfortunately. Players like Roy and even Stokes today swinging at every ball is just not going to work in test cricket. We also need a separate coach for test cricket. This is what happens when you neglect test cricket. Honestly, just **** the one day World Cup. We barely even deserved to win it and I would 100% take an ashes victory over a World Cup victory. Sad to see.

morgieb

Couple of late wickets hurt a bit, but we probably have enough already and the chances of getting to 350 look very plausible. Obviously this would be the sort of 4th innings chase in theory you could do...but I don't see it happening here for reasons that should be obvious.

Spikey

It's kind of curious, tbh. Langer infuriates me and Paine is neither a Test standard batsman, not that good a keeper and not a good tactical captain either, and yet for the first time since 2001 we actually feel like we're playing with a general approach and gameplan that's actually suited to English conditions. So they probably deserve huge credit for that.
i think it's gonna get mythologised

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England needs to blow it up if they collapse again

They’re worse than we were a few years ago and that’s some achievement

morgieb

England needs to blow it up if they collapse again

They’re worse than we were a few years ago and that’s some achievement
At least the only sides Australia lost to at home were very good ones. This Australian batting lineup has more holes in them than swiss cheese and we're still well ahead.

halba

International 12th Man
No matter the situation you can rely on Tim Paine being literal dog****. Did he actually review that for bat and not notice Root caught it? ahahahahahahaha
alex carey is firing up in county. fast scores. should've been included and tim paine dumped.

Spikey

alex carey is tim paine circa 2010 when people wanted to drop rad haddin to get tim paine into the team because he scored some ODI runs or whatever. this is the only time i will go anywhere near defending tim paine

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
England are almost certainly going to lose this test match, batting is far too weak. It is probably better that they are bowled out for another very low score as that will force the selectors to make some changes to the batting. Roy, Burns, Denly, Root, Buttler and Bairstow are all not of test match standard at the moment. Root obviously was a very good test match batsman but is so out of form he is not worth his place in the side at the moment. Stokes is an all rounder and his batting is good enough. Cannot drop them all but Pope, Northeast, Sibley and Balance might be worth coming in for some of them.
Perhaps,
Sibley
Burns - not sure who there is to replace him and he did score a century this series
Balance
Pope
Northeast
Stokes
Foakes
Archer
Broad
Leach
Anderson

Woakes as back up for Anderson or Archer if not fit.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
alex carey is tim paine circa 2010 when people wanted to drop rad haddin to get tim paine into the team because he scored some ODI runs or whatever. this is the only time i will go anywhere near defending tim paine
Carey averaged something like 70 or 80 for a very small sample last shield season and then scored 56 and 69 not out is a recent county game so his 4 day form is actually quite good when he has played recently. I expect his FC average to improve if he plays more. Still would not replace Paine at this stage.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England are almost certainly going to lose this test match, batting is far too weak. It is probably better that they are bowled out for another very low score as that will force the selectors to make some changes to the batting. Roy, Burns, Denly, Root, Buttler and Bairstow are all not of test match standard at the moment. Root obviously was a very good test match batsman but is so out of form he is not worth his place in the side at the moment. Stokes is an all rounder and his batting is good enough. Cannot drop them all but Pope, Northeast, Sibley and Balance might be worth coming in for some of them.
Perhaps,
Sibley
Burns - not sure who there is to replace him and he did score a century this series
Balance
Pope
Northeast
Stokes
Foakes
Archer
Broad
Leach
Anderson

Woakes as back up for Anderson or Archer if not fit.
Theyre not dropping Root lol

TheJediBrah

At least the only sides Australia lost to at home were very good ones. This Australian batting lineup has more holes in them than swiss cheese and we're still well ahead.
Am I wrong or did Australia only actually lose one Ashes series at home in our lifetime? 2010-11.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Root doesn't manage his bowlers does he. In general, I'm really underwhelmed by his captaincy. Always come across as overly defensive in media appearances; rolling out the company line with no apparent critical analysis. You want strategy, vision and caring for your people from a leader. Don't see Root providing that.