• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow damn I went out expecting a lollapse at some point but these 2 are really holding it together. Have to appreciate 2 blokes gutsing it out in bowler friendly conditions.

hazsa19

International Regular
We just don’t do bad days, this is an all time horrific day, and we’ve had several of them already this year.

91Jmay

International Coach
No matter the situation you can rely on Tim Paine being literal dog****. Did he actually review that for bat and not notice Root caught it? ahahahahahahaha

ajdude

International Coach
this post has absolutely nothing to do with that decision or anything at all so this is really unrelated to anything, but i feel like hotspot's been pushed aside too quickly as an additional tool. i mean you're not going to get false positives from it (except for bats brushing pads or similar which can then be decided on with snicko anyway), and i know it's definitely possible for false negatives but idk it'd be handy sometimes i reckon. and yes snicko pretty much tells us all the same answers as hotspot does but hotspot looks cool too

anyway one post closer to 10k

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
this post has absolutely nothing to do with that decision or anything at all so this is really unrelated to anything, but i feel like hotspot's been pushed aside too quickly as an additional tool. i mean you're not going to get false positives from it (except for bats brushing pads or similar which can then be decided on with snicko anyway), and i know it's definitely possible for false negatives but idk it'd be handy sometimes i reckon. and yes snicko pretty much tells us all the same answers as hotspot does but hotspot looks cool too

anyway one post closer to 10k
Hotstpot provides a great view of a batsman who's been out there all day on a stinker and they're literally white hot

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I find myself rooting for Stokes the all rounder before I remember that comes with Stokes the dickhead.