• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Archer is a worthy successor to great West Indian pacers of yesteryear. Prone to over stepping and loves the short stuff. Also rubs sanctimonious old people the wrong way.

morgieb

I think that's England done now. Starting to look beaten.
Felt as long as Australia built some sort of partnership we were going to look well ahead in the game. Tea I guess came at a good time but it's looking like an easy time to bat. You just don't win games when you score 67.

trundler

These 2 did well to steady the ship. Just needed some patience. Again, glad CW is catching up to my opinion of Head.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's kind of curious, tbh. Langer infuriates me and Paine is neither a Test standard batsman, not that good a keeper and not a good tactical captain either, and yet for the first time since 2001 we actually feel like we're playing with a general approach and gameplan that's actually suited to English conditions. So they probably deserve huge credit for that.

morgieb

It's kind of curious, tbh. Langer infuriates me and Paine is neither a Test standard batsman, not that good a keeper and not a good tactical captain either, and yet for the first time since 2001 we actually feel like we're playing with a general approach and gameplan that's actually suited to English conditions. So they probably deserve huge credit for that.
I hate Langer's selections (though I'll grant him the gambles on Labuschagne and Head) and he comes across as a knob to me, but his philosophy towards how to play cricket is a sound one.

Burgey

Lot to be said for prep. That A tour had blokes over there for ages and the fast bowlers said in an interview they’ve been planning for it for about 12 months

Heboric

International Debutant
I have always wondered how much cocaine is consumed by people working in tabloid newpapers to get all these snappy headlines:

wrongun

Banned
Don't know why JL infuriates so many people. Some of the hate is over the top. He has done a very good job considering the circumstances he got the job under.

Number 11

State 12th Man
They’ve managed the bowlers tactfully and with purpose. Marnus has been playing county cricket for months now and it shows. Plus the A tour and Smith is Smith.

wrongun

Banned
To truly put England's comedic humiliation in perspective: "Over in Antigua, Ishant Sharma has faced 59 balls against West Indies - 10 more than any of England's batsmen managed in their first innings"