• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

7th Match - Afghanistan v Sri Lanka

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Borges

International Regular
Yeah, this was another good game. In the end, the Afghan batting proved to be far too fragile.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What are tonight's lotto numbers?

1/140 odd after 22 overs was about where I flicked on and then off again, opting to learn a new programming language instead. How does any team go from that to 8/180? Against a team that was an associate a couple of years back. It's crazy.
Nice. I feel like my mind has closed when it comes to learning new stuff in the last couple of years.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Heartbreaker for The 'Ghan. Fought their way back from what looked like a flogging into a great position but couldn't get it done in the end. SL will be very relieved to have picked up two points there.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nice. I feel like my mind has closed when it comes to learning new stuff in the last couple of years.
Adapt or die. All the modern languages are moving faster than anyone can keep up with. My rigid mid 30s brain had had to cram in both web programming (instead of desktop) and .net core in the last 6 months.

The reason I'm learning this one is for pleasure. I'm interested in games design so I've picked up Gamemaker Studio 2 and am learning its language, which is basically just a cut down c# anyway. I could have picked up Unity just as easy from a language PoV but pixel art is more fun and easier for a talentless hack like me to create than 3d renders.

stephen

What a crazy game this one turned out to be. From Sri Lanka looking set for 400 to being bowled out for 200 to Afghanistan not being able to chase a very low total. Nuts game.

stephen

I'm pretty new to the party. Malinga was awesome but why are his throws legal? It doesn't look like he throws over the top to me.
He doesn't chuck. He bowled basically side arm but his arm is straight through the entire action.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Shame for the Afghans, I kinda doubt they'll get a better chance to score a win than this. They kinda remind me of an 80's Zimbabwe, a couple of genuinely international class players, some solid journeyman, and a few amateurs who wouldn't look out of place in club cricket.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Shame for the Afghans, I kinda doubt they'll get a better chance to score a win than this. They kinda remind me of an 80's Zimbabwe, a couple of genuinely international class players, some solid journeyman, and a few amateurs who wouldn't look out of place in club cricket.
Zimbabwe of 80's never had the best ODI bowler in their ranks, nor the best spin attack or the #2 All rounder in ODIs, nor a couple of bowlers who could click 90mph at will.

SL is bad, downright pathetic, and this win was due to very poor cricket by Afghans. Unless the "Born Again" clan is kicked out of the administration, they will keep selecting the same pathetic set of failures like Kusal Mendis and Anjelo Mathews. DdS is also bad with the bat, but had been the best spinner for SL.

mr_mister

Zimbabwe of 80's never had the best ODI bowler in their ranks, nor the best spin attack or the #2 All rounder in ODIs, nor a couple of bowlers who could click 90mph at will.

SL is bad, downright pathetic, and this win was due to very poor cricket by Afghans. Unless the "Born Again" clan is kicked out of the administration, they will keep selecting the same pathetic set of failures like Kusal Mendis and Anjelo Mathews. DdS is also bad with the bat, but had been the best spinner for SL.
India's spin attack still better, IMO. And DDS is interesting, it looked for a moment that he was going to be an absolute gun with the bat. In shocking firm bow though

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Heartbreaker for The 'Ghan. Fought their way back from what looked like a flogging into a great position but couldn't get it done in the end. SL will be very relieved to have picked up two points there.
I think it delays the inevitable for this team. Mathews, Mendis, DdS, Thissara Perera, all needs to be kicked out for good for our cricket to improve, together with betting king Thilanga Sumathilapa and that idiot Asantha de Mel.