• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

7th Match - Afghanistan v Sri Lanka

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Afghanistan fans would give a left nut for most of those players but yeah.
Yeah it's obviously working off a bit of an "India are better than Afghanistan" sort of base, but the player types line up even though at a more professional standard from the Indian example. I'm actually more excited for the next WC for them, which isn't something I've thought was true for Ireland and Zimbabwe in the past when they've had decent sides. There was some proper cake in that Under 19 WC side - cake who have pulled up trees in admittedly only a few domestic FC games too - and even though they'll lose Hammid and probably Shahzad+Nabi I think it'll be a much better team overall in 2023, plus the conditions will suit them better too.

>inb4 they don't qualify because the qualifying tournament is in Scotland or something