• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

7th Match - Afghanistan v Sri Lanka

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can see SL getting it together here. Just need the slightest bit of application with the bat

ajdude

International Coach
just had a thought; is asghar stanikzai changing his name to asghar afghan and losing the captaincy the cricket equivalent of getting your girlfriend's name tattooed on you and having her break up with you?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If this World Cup were being played in the sub-continent, Afghanistan would be huge favourites, but I reckon Sri Lanka will win this. Have a lot more experience of English conditions and some actual batsmen in their top order (even if they haven't been batting like it of late). Should be a fun game though.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm confident in SL too. Still have a lot of talented batsmen if we look at their whole careers and against a bowling attack without too much pace firepower I think they can post 300 easily enough. I also think Malinga could have a field day against some of their batsmen

smash84

The Tiger King
I think SL will win this.

Afg will crumble when everybody expects them to win. You heard it here first.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Afghanistan should be considered favorites, they crushed Sri Lanka in the Asia Cup IIRC.

cnerd123

likes this
Afghanistan should be considered favorites, they crushed Sri Lanka in the Asia Cup IIRC.
And this was just shortly after HK had smashed Afghanistan, and at the same time when HK nearly beat India. Had we played Sri Lanka then, we'd have smashed them as well.

Can't believe we've lost ODI status despite all this. Associate cricket is a cruel cruel world.

Anyways, I'd be mildly surprised if SL win. They're good cricketers but the ODI team has been a bit all over the place. They're still favourites on paper when you consider their level of experience and stuff, but they have lost 14 of their last 16 completed ODIs, one of those wins being in a rain-affected game over Scotland just recently. The last time they won two ODIs in a row was against South Africa in SL Aug 2018, in a series they lost 3-2 (won both games after the series was already lost). And as mentioned, Afghanistan smashed them the last time these two sides played.

Afgh are the favourites here.