• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of New Zealand 2018/19

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
3 half centuries this innings, encouraging but underlines the importance of someone going on to get a big hundred

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Cracking weather here in Wellington and the season underway. Sri Lanka has shown some fight with the bat after the first 3 wickets. I was thinking they were going to fold up for under 150. We need some fight from Sri Lanka here. Don't enjoy watching 3 day test matches after having watched the thrilling series against Pakistan.

Flem274*

123/5
when you win the toss and bowl you don't aim for 262/8. giving the first day to sri lanka here, tho the deck will get roadier and roadier as the game goes on.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
when you win the toss and bowl you don't aim for 262/8. giving the first day to sri lanka here, tho the deck will get roadier and roadier as the game goes on.
But realistically NZ can put on 500 and bat SL out of the game, which very much justifies the strategy, perhaps SL did well to get out of jail and will be pleased with that but I think NZ are positioned better in the match

Flem274*

123/5
But realistically NZ can put on 500 and bat SL out of the game, which very much justifies the strategy, perhaps SL did well to get out of jail and will be pleased with that but I think NZ are positioned better in the match
nz have to put on 500 tho. it's not longer optional like it may have been at 9/3. and sri lanka get the pitch for the traditional 3rd innings domination. you're still well in this.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like a good day all-round. SL can't be too disappointed with nearly 300 on the board, but as Flem said it won't count for much if NZ end up getting 450+ in their reply.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like a good day all-round. SL can't be too disappointed with nearly 300 on the board, but as Flem said it won't count for much if NZ end up getting 450+ in their reply.
If the pitch continues to improve it will take a very sizeable lead to bat SL out of the game now, shame that last wicket had to go, Dickwella will be eyeing off a maiden century tomorrow morning but it will be tough 9 down

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
A much better day for SL than it looked at the start of the day - expected resistance from Karunaratne and Matthews but Dickwella was the surprise that made the difference. While NZ will hope to score 450, they still have to go and do it and this score gives SL a chance if they take early wickets.

Should be lovely batting conditions tomorrow, hope Raval can get through the early period and bat for a long time.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
May be everyone have to move a place up. Drop Kusal Mendis, and plat Mathews at 4, Chandimal at 5, Roshen at 6 and Samarawickrama at 7 keeping. I still believe our best #6/7 is Kaushal Silva, who was a keeper bat to start with.
Drop Gunathileke that guy is the real cancer.

Mendis is actually decent. Scored 80 odd in the last dig Vs England.Plus runs in WI.

Danushka Gunathileke is a sore for the eye. Should not be even in the HK team for Intercontinental cricket. I still don't how he ends up getting selected to the test squad. His FC stats are really mediocre.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Drop Gunathileke that guy is the real cancer.

Mendis is actually decent. Scored 80 odd in the last dig Vs England.Plus runs in WI.

Danushka Gunathileke is a sore for the eye. Should not be even in the HK team for Intercontinental cricket. I still don't how he ends up getting selected to the test squad. His FC stats are really mediocre.
Gunathilaka is one of the few openers in SL who play pace well. In SL when spinners open bowling, FC stats on openers don't mean much.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Good fightback from us to get to a reasonable total given the shambles of a start we had..anyone seen Kusal M's brain lying about as he seems to have lost it..

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SL did better than I expected. Decent recovery from 3/**** all. Great to see Karunaratne in the runs. Got lucky a couple of times but still a solid knock. Feel bad for Kusal. Matthews obviously did great too. Short theory worked yet again for NZ but it was pretty awesome to see Dickwella counter it. What was the pitch like? How'd the spinners go?