• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of New Zealand 2018/19

Woodster

International Captain
Looked really good Raval and Latham until that one mistake on the final ball of the session. Raval was the more fluent, couple of sumptuous drives, Latham looking very switched on in that session, can he build on that and produce a substantial innings?

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Sri Lanka probably deserved that wicket on balance. If they can get Williamson out (probably strangling him down leg is their best option) they could put on some real pressure I reckon.

Also Mathews was impressive when he bowled; or at least he bowled much better than I'd have expected. If they can get some decent overs from him consistently overseas then it'd be great for their team balance

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
What sort of bowler is Rajitha? Seam , swing? What is his speed range?
Looked like he was trying but failing to swing it earlier, so I'm going 'seam'. Low 130s.

I haven't seen all of it but Latham's been pretty controlled when I've watched. Double it, really. No chipping to the infield today please.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Checkmate to all those plebs who say Latham gets tired at 100 balls. This is the innings that can't go wrong for him.

mr_mister

Dickwella now with 10 fifties and 0 tons. Closing in on the king of unconversion Chetan Chahaul(16). Has Warne(12) in front of him atm

Flem274*

123/5
Checkmate to all those plebs who say Latham gets tired at 100 balls. This is the innings that can't go wrong for him.
haha, i know you be trollin but latham could score 200 here and it still woudn't prove anything. we know he can take advantage of teams lacking suitable bowlers for the conditions and his 5 incoming trips to the ski fields won't make up for soft chips against teams who do.

Gnske

Kane is playing this like a Kane t20 innings with his 110 strike rate. It's anti-test cricket.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Old men in the commentary box ranting about over-rates again.

Does it really matter anymore when the vast majority of tests uninterrupted by rain end with a result?

If they switch to four day tests it might be an issue, though. Just punish a team for how many overs they are behind the rate. One over = 4 mins.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sounds like a gorgeous innings from Williamson. Ridiculous run of good form.