• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of New Zealand 2018/19

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is hard on Nicholls, but we have enough solid consolidating-like batsmen in Guptill, KW, Taylor & Latham to have 3 goers in the top 7. (Should we want to bat Santner at 8 like England).

Also, Munro allows Guptill to play his natural game without taking undue risks, in the same way McCullum did as his partner. He's likely to feel more scoreboard pressure with Latham up top.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
If you try and shove every good player in you end up with someone like Neesham opening or someone like Munro sending down ten overs.

4 Pure bowlers, 2 all-rounders, 1 bowling A-R, 1 batting A-R, 5 batsmen, one of whom can keep to a technically proficient degree.

Mike5181

International Captain
In the 2015 final Grant Elliott was the one scoring runs while McCullum, Anderson, and Ronchi contributed nothing. I think those sorts of high pressure games you have to look at players that have a bit more to them than flashy shots.

That's why I'd think twice about dropping Henry Nicholls.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
In the 2015 final Grant Elliott was the one scoring runs while McCullum, Anderson, and Ronchi contributed nothing. I think those sorts of high pressure games you have to look at players that have a bit more to them than flashy shots.

That's why I'd think twice about dropping Henry Nicholls.
My argument is that Latham and Nicholls are very similar, their job is to rotate the strike in the middle order at near on SR of 100.

Blain

U19 Captain
I agree on Nicholls not being a 6. Latham and Nicholls are very similar, they shouldn't be relied on to get the run rate going which I think is crucial as a No 6.

Dreaming I know, but I'm still holding a touch of hope for;

1 Guptill
2 Munro
3 KW
4 RT
5 Latham
6 Neesham
7 Anderson
8 Santner
9 Sodhi
10 Ferguson
11 Boult

Contains all the best white ball talent in 1 side IMO. Anderson needs to do some praying.

Last edited: